Speed skim

Members online

carys

Got a external floating job whant is spot on thinking of using Darby haven't used one for a while. Wondering if my refina speed skim rule it ok or will I damage it Has anybody done this. Or should I stick to my Darby. Not keen on Darby I might just use straight edge

Got a external floating job whant is spot on thinking of using Darby haven't used one for a while. Wondering if my refina speed skim rule it ok or will I damage it Has anybody done this. Or should I stick to my Darby. Not keen on Darby I might just use straight edge

Same & cement & speedskims don't make me laugh!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190627-165550.jpg
    Screenshot_20190627-165550.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 362

I've seen few lads using then on leight weight renders....it's how the cuunts ruined mines lol
Left it out in a heatwave to warp

You need to speedskim render when wet. I usually flatten every couple of square meters. I run it over my scratch coat as well, takes seconds and leaves a lovely finish. I do laugh at the blokes on you tube who put whole walls on and miss the boat because it's too dry.

Wtf is external floating? Do you mean rendering lol. If so no to sand and cement are you a plasterer?

You need to speedskim render when wet. I usually flatten every couple of square meters. I run it over my scratch coat as well, takes seconds and leaves a lovely finish. I do laugh at the blokes on you tube who put whole walls on and miss the boat because it's too dry.
Well I haven't tried it yet. But I've worked it out in my head that I'd have to get it on like Americans say when mud on the wall wet lol fuking mud do they think ther in a middle of a field

Rendering is rendering! Put any finish you like on it I've never in all my years heard anyone call it external floating!
Becouse I'm a Welsh speaker and English is my second iv got y own language when it comes to English. When I was in my twenties I tried to be perfect. I've gone latety don't care the f**k it comes out becouse so proud of keeping the Welsh language going

Becouse I'm a Welsh speaker and English is my second iv got y own language when it comes to English. When I was in my twenties I tried to be perfect. I've gone latety don't care the f**k it comes out becouse so proud of keeping the Welsh language going
All you had to do was explain (y) United Kingdom were all the same bud. People are so territorial in this country:ROFLMAO:

W
wenglish! I’ve tried it on sand and cement out of curiosity and providing it’s now left too long it seemed fine

Straight edge or Darby speed skim isn’t ridged enough for s/c in my option.

Mate S&C will cut the speedskim to f**k. I've got an old one that I use on renders. The work in the pictures below was all done using a speedy.
IMG_20190328_133741695.jpg
IMG_20190328_133741695.jpg
IMG_20190328_133629077.jpg
IMG_20190328_133722742.jpg

Done with a speed skim using bog standard building sand.

Attachments

• 20190627_175143.jpg
    20190627_175143.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 382