Speed skim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dai dog

Hi guys, I've been using the speed skim for quite a while now, & use it every time I skim, now I know that the speed skim guys state that once flattened, u can second coat straight away, wich I've always done really, but yesterday, I dug out the refina stainless spat on a pole(the red handled one) & it visibly took longer to pick up enough to second coat it! Both good tools to have in the van, both with they're own uses! Have any of you guys got both? & how do you get on with yours? Chefs Rhys.

I have both, they both have uses and both need common sense from the user,it's not always possible to second coat straight away from speedskim, you will know from experience when its ready and not from what it says on the speedskim box,the spat is good for flattening too but I would mostly use it when it's pulled in a bit, it can be used earlier of course its a matter of choice, I use it for second to last trowel mostly on big flat areas.

That's quite right mate, also the advantage of a speed skim is you can pretty much go over the first coat as soon as you've layed it on, & forget about it for a while, whereas if you hit it too early with the spat it would take too much skim off, that's one advantage it has I think, what u reckon?

I find the are good for big flat areas, definitely saves the arms, I find though that the trowel needs to be used for the main finishing, for big ceilings I really like the speedskim and spats,using different muscles saves the body

Wats the attachment on the speed skim like. I was bit weary of it so went with Refina. Refina been great for me but lot people going on bout the speed skim.

Its good to here of people getting on with the speedskim, my speed skim should be with me on tuesday so i will post up my verdict of it after trying it out for a while, im getting the 1200/600 and ceiling attachment:RpS_thumbsup:

I have the 1200 and 600 , good for ceilings after you get it all on makes it easier when you trowel up , also i think the 1200 is great when bonding out artex before skimming , has its uses and its times i would not get it out the van , havnt used a spat before and probably will end up with one some time this year .... Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.