speed skim / eze spat, whats the verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooptaza

Hi Guys, just wondering what the verdict was on the speedskims, gonna purchase one this week and going for the 1200mm speedskim, was going to ise it for flatening in. Is speedskim the best

I know there is loads of threads on speedskim, just wanted to know if the speedskim was the best for closing in skim or were there others as good,

Aye gooneer couldn't see why not and as said about currier, dunno how many jobs ud get out of a blade though etc with them being plaka

I got one last week and have used it a couple of times, i've read the many threads on here re the speedskim and i'll have to give it a thumbs up, i just use it after i've applied my 2nd coat once, it's a lot quicker than a first trowel for sure, it's only really suitable on big areas, anything that makes this plastering game a tad easier is good news for me.

I just wondered how it could save time if you have to do extra work. First coat, speedskim, then second coat, speed skim then trowel up as usual. Instead of the normal first coat, then second coat then trowel up as usual.

I just wondered how it could save time if you have to do extra work. First coat, speedskim, then second coat, speed skim then trowel up as usual. Instead of the normal first coat, then second coat then trowel up as usual.

there are defo less words in the second method!:RpS_cool:

dont waste your hard earned brass on a speedskim use a piece of cavity closer (dakata) it does exactly the same thing only you can get it for nowt on site or purchase a lenghth from any builders merchant for about a fiver SPEED SKIM ,ALL SINGING ,ALL DANCING, DOES THIS ,DOES THAT ITS B@LL@KS .trust me what have you got to lose........

Don't get the same particle vibration from a cavity closer, (dakata )..or an aluminium. fancy handle.....!! Or a pole attachment for a cavity closer..:RpS_biggrin:

Well what a rich joiner he is!!
And at least he ain't spitting sawdust in your skim from his circular saw..:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
Well what a rich joined he is!!!
And at least he ain't spitting sawdust in your skim from his circular saw..:RpS_thumbup:

Or cracked the bottom of internal angles cos he's too fook'n lazy to go back to his saw and take off a couple of mm from the skirting he just cut so, he just forces the tw#t in and then even though you have just stood and watched him do it he turns around and say's they were cracked when he started. Then when you go and look around the house he has done the same in every room he has done. Then when you point out that the walls are painted but there is no paint in the cracks he still denies it.

But i'm not bitter or anything honest

Status
Not open for further replies.