Speed scim.

Members online

MIXERMAN

Gone buy a speed scim from Amazon. ox 900mm plus pole plus handle . Stainless steel. £106 . Is there different thickness of steel type . I know wot you old duffer's are going to say (andy).but as I've said I can't do lids off a hop up . I have to scaffold out. I'm falling to bits. So thought I would give it a go. Looking forward to your comments .tossers.

Gone buy a speed scim from Amazon. ox 900mm plus pole plus handle . Stainless steel. £106 . Is there different thickness of steel type . I know wot you old duffer's are going to say (andy).but as I've said I can't do lids off a hop up . I have to scaffold out. I'm falling to bits. So thought I would give it a go. Looking forward to your comments .tossers.
Get the plastic blade one

its a good flatening in tool , im not sure if the metal blade is any better than the plastic one , also not sure why your looking forward too comments ,but its your money and thats about it , good luck with it

If you use a scaffold do you really need one. The whole idea is you flatten off from the floor ???

Not at all mate, I've got and use a 1.2m plastic blade speedskim, plus pole attachment. I've also got a variety of sizes of the Eze spats. Make your life easier.

I'm Welsh
I'm Welsh like to correct you ha skim!!

Nice. Why plastic one and not steel
I just think that the plastic is superior for flattening in.
I'd bought the Eze spats before Speedskim made a metal blade. I can't actually remember the last time I used the spats to be honest.

Lay it on, flatten with speedy keeping just off the edges. Brush angles in and another quick go over if needed. Repeat then finishing stages.

Just keep it nice and flat and not too much pressure if gears very wet.

That’s it as far as I can tell.

Lay it on, flatten with speedy keeping just off the edges. Brush angles in and another quick go over if needed. Repeat then finishing stages.

Just keep it nice and flat and not too much pressure if gears very wet.

That’s it as far as I can tell.
Stop brushing your angles in you f**k**g chancer, that's what your Ragni twitcher is for. Jesus Christ.

Stop brushing your angles in you f**k**g chancer, that's what your Ragni twitcher is for. Jesus Christ.

interesting. I don’t do loads of wet on wet Andy, but obviously use twitcher then. Do you use twitcher on all angles, even a wet to dry edge?

No twitcher used on a dry internal. But they should be super sharp, not brushed.

I only use a brush to keep adjoining wall clean, but as sharp as I like to think my angles are, there are still a few things that niggle me and you maybe answering my own question.

I only use a brush to keep adjoining wall clean, but as sharp as I like to think my angles are, there are still a few things that niggle me and you maybe answering my own question.
I prefer a six inch brush for washing the internals down.
I take it that you're cutting down the wall with your trowel before touching it with a brush?

I prefer a six inch brush for washing the internals down.
I take it that you're cutting down the wall with your trowel before touching it with a brush?

One thing I did realise awhile back that I was getting a bit too close to the edge too early when laying on so getting a build up in the corners.

Do you always cut back with the trowel then?

One thing I did realise awhile back that I was getting a bit too close to the edge too early when laying on so getting a build up in the corners.

Do you always cut back with the trowel then?
You should be going right up to the internal with both coats.
I'm not sure if we're using the same terminology but I don't cut back from the internal, just clean down them.

Very very interesting. I did a bog today. Ceiling and 4 walls in one hit. Nae twitcher bollox