Spatulas/Speedskims Use on skimming.

Members online

Burt Reynolds

Anyone used them for second coat further past flattening trowel?

Of course a trowel is the best way for a solid finish but I want to know what you lads can do with them, me and an old boy did a big ceiling last year.
We put it on, then used a 1200 speedskim to flatten, then dropped to 600 for a cross flatten.. then we misted with a big spray bottle, then "wet troweled" with the Nela 600 spat with the light... then crossed with a 16 inch trowel..
Sounds like hard work I know but it was very easy believe it or not lol

The finish was not to my usual standard... colour wise it dried motley but it was flat and painted pretty damn good.

Anyone used them for second coat further past flattening trowel?

Of course a trowel is the best way for a solid finish but I want to know what you lads can do with them, me and an old boy did a big ceiling last year.
We put it on, then used a 1200 speedskim to flatten, then dropped to 600 for a cross flatten.. then we misted with a big spray bottle, then "wet troweled" with the Nela 600 spat with the light... then crossed with a 16 inch trowel..
Sounds like hard work I know but it was very easy believe it or not lol

The finish was not to my usual standard... colour wise it dried motley but it was flat and painted pretty damn good.

@scottie5

I do use the Speedskim SF on big ceilings but still not convinced by it. Once the the second goes on I flatten with the Speeskim ST then give it 10 and go over with the SF but after that I find it not great but maybe my timing need sorting.

I do use the Speedskim SF on big ceilings but still not convinced by it. Once the the second goes on I flatten with the Speeskim ST then give it 10 and go over with the SF but after that I find it not great but maybe my timing need sorting.
Totally agree, I've tried a few times, I genuinely think the blade needs to be stiffer.

Heard of people finishing with speedskims, can't see how it's possible must miss loads.

I do use mine regularly now. for a quick flatten after laying down, handy when got whole room on. i always flatten with trowel after but it's good for a quick flatten to keep it straight if you're a bit late getting back to it

Heard of people finishing with speedskims, can't see how it's possible must miss loads.

I do use mine regularly now. for a quick flatten after laying down, handy when got whole room on. i always flatten with trowel after but it's good for a quick flatten to keep it straight if you're a bit late getting back to it

I have never been able to