Sound bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeroy

Gypframe sound insulating bars
Gypframe-Sound-Insulating-Bars.jpg

Hi guys I've used these quiet a bit over the years but never on site price as there normally already done for me to board.
Now it's a block of flats I'm doing and they told me the price is £1.10p per m2 of this, there's only 85m2 on each flat,just ceilings 400 centres.i know this should really be priced in lineal metres but that's how they have priced it. Sounds way too cheap to me, any of you guys know what prices should be on this, plus can only do 2 flats at a time so can't run through them all cheers

Used them a few times but never on a price,we were doing 5 bars to every board then insulated and double boarded with sound proof boards,little tip cut a load together on a chop saw

Used them a few times but never on a price,we were doing 5 bars to every board then insulated and double boarded with sound proof boards,little tip cut a load together on a chop saw

Cheers bobspread,Yeah I've done lots of it but never on site prices always done 400 centres and double sound board, I was just wondering if anyone knew the price, because there's no money in £1.10 a m2

Am guessing 2 flats a day is feasable at least measure ,mark out ,cut and stack each room then up on stilts for fixing. get prepped and order going maybe have time prep 3rd ready for next day.
have no idea of acessability etc only you know that ,but as in all things if you get yer system right im sure moneys ok . have a good run at it and if it dont make the money you want pass it up.

Yeah that my way of thinking mate if I could get to all 14 flats I would make money at it but it will be 2 flats at a time so will see cheers

is info online for setting out ceilings as i recall edge bar is inverted best to have all spec and order jotted down so your off n running from the start, scratching yer head and hesitating on this will cost you dosh .
monday mornings never good ,best of luck and hope the floors are clear for yer (y)

is info online for setting out ceilings as i recall edge bar is inverted best to have all spec and order jotted down so your off n running from the start, scratching yer head and hesitating on this will cost you dosh .
monday mornings never good ,best of luck and hope the floors are clear for yer (y)
Yeah my gang has done plenty of it over years but never been told a price, it's very easy to set out and throw up. We are use to been on price every day so we are fast at what ever we do but just wondered if anyone knew the site prices cheers mate [emoji106]

Never really done site work, do you all have to be finished by 4.3 etc or is there someone waits to lock up after last one out?

Cheers bobspread,Yeah I've done lots of it but never on site prices always done 400 centres and double sound board, I was just wondering if anyone knew the price, because there's no money in £1.10 a m2
We charge £2m2 and give lads £1.50 its cheap cos its a piece of piss

If you can get to it there's gud money to be made try asking guy for a extra 50p as like u say you can only get to 2 flats..some poor spreads only get £1.50m2 to board

To be fair the board and skim are not too bad on prices, just badly organised cheers guys

Can you not work on day rate i did that for 3 years was much easier i always work on a day rate rather than metering

Can you not work on day rate i did that for 3 years was much easier i always work on a day rate rather than metering
Y wud you want to work on day rate all time I c**t think of owt worse I can earn in 3 hours wat a builder wud pay on day rate!

The site we were on everyone was on day rate but it didnt mean you had to be there all day everyday we were renovating houses into small flats for students so wasnt just doin plastering. It was better to work on day rate as you knew what you were getting at the end of every week. I understand you could earn more in 3 hours than a day rate but our day rate depending on what we were doin

Status
Not open for further replies.