Sorting the earth bonding before I board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlaspire

Sorry not really a plastering questions but I'm about to board existing wiring runs and want to make sure everything is in place before it's all done. Electrics are from above so will all be covered over and wont be able to change them.

Some of you may have come across this and the electrician is not about so need to try and get this sorted.

The original earth bonding was taken from the shower fuse switch in the ceiling and then dropped down to the radiator tails and toilet. No earthing on the basin or bath as these are in plastic pipe. The radiator is also in plastic so can't understand why they bonded this and not the others.

Question is. is it safe to bond from the earth of the shower cable and also do items need bonding if plastic pipes are used anywhere on there run. Seems to defeat the object? If the tails up from the floor does this count if the rest is plastic?

Regards

Sorry but you shouldn't ask this here for obvious reasons, you must know an electrician that will help

Sorry I won't be doing the final bit just want to make sure the wires are there if needed ready for them as if I don't do it now then they will have to be surface mounted and will ruin my job!

most of the sparks ive ever met wont surface mount them,, the fookers will just smash holes in your nice new work, :-0

Well seeing as you're asking on here I'd say you're just not qualified to be working with electrics. Get a sparky in and be patient, you're mad if you risk it, especially earth bonding in a bath/shower room. Just be patient :RpS_thumbup:

Thanks for your replies guys. Managed to get some answers for what I need to know for putting the cable in from an electrical forum. As said I'm only doing the cable runs ready so won't be doing the fixing so just needed to know what to put in ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.