Sorry Speedskim but EZE spat is the dogs

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

finefinishwales

Finally a nice big ceiling today started flatting first coat with speed skim again the lines so picked up the spat and wow no lines smooth as silk no lines second coat again perfect went over it ten minutes later and then sat down before final trowel no drama no going over lines with my trowel back in house by 2pm awesome Question is what do I use the speed skim for now? This will open a can of worms lol!:RpS_wink:

Glad your getting on with the EZE Spat mate. We now have plastic blades as well... Available in stiff or flexible. Price will go online soon

Am I only the only one that doesnt see the point.... A spat just seems to move the pressures of holding a trowel to even harder place... I have an 18 inch trowel which I like to use and its comfortable to use so whats the point of a spat....

Excuse my ignorance I am just interested as I have never really used one...lol

Am I only the only one that doesnt see the point.... A spat just seems to move the pressures of holding a trowel to even harder place... I have an 18 inch trowel which I like to use and its comfortable to use so whats the point of a spat....

:-0 There goes the funding ;) lol

Surely if they in your house Danny then you should have got a free one ;)

Lol

I am just interested as when i used one it seemed awkward :)

Undoubtedly they are a popular tool so I see that there is demand for them just curious of the way you hold it effects anything or if it makes your hand ache :)

Danny

lol

As I said never given it the chance... I will though give one a proper run for its money I have a few rooms that need doing :)

God, I didnt think I would be the one to turn this thread... sorry ryan...

Danny

Used the spat today for scrapping an artexed ceiling which worked but ive used it for skim before and your right dan they are awkward at a certain point on your rist, ive got the EZE but ive not really had the metreage to use it but looks a handy tool.

Two different tools to be used at two different stages of a set OP

Last edited:
Danny!!! Haha, it's all good mate, we understand people may not get on with them, most seem to love them. I'm sure once you use it a bit and get a real feel for it you will love it. I'm confident with that!

Flynny, if your not going to use it send it back to me and I can give it to someone else off the forum who wants to try it :RpS_thumbup:

Danny stop worrying about things that don't concern you, leave tool discussions to the plasterers.
You're time would be better spent talking about business strategies with Mr Clamp:RpS_biggrin:

Right, i see there's mention of a Spat and a Speedskim being used at different stages of the set.
Someone care to elaborate for my edjucashun, please
Im looking to buy one, or other of them.

I use the speedskim for flattening in the first coat, then lay the second on, i also use the speed skim on this, when it pulls in then I start to use the spat, works great for me...

Are you sure these smooth plastic blades will work Ryan as we were led to believe the ribbed pattern on the cavi.. I mean Speedskim were what makes it such an outstanding coat stand.

Hi Andy, we have some guys using them at the moment and they like them. As for being better or worse than the Speedskim it's not for me to say, it's down to you guys at the end of the day. We have all options available for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.