Sorry Speedskim but EZE spat is the dogs

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used the EZE Spat today for the first time and wasn't impressed, Yes it flattens first and 2nd coat ok. Tried to used it as a second trowel but it dragged the finish. I used the flexi blade only, didn't fancy farting about with blades.

Whats the idea? maybe because its blunt?

Not used it yet, but the s*p*r*lex is so good, terrified of it getting nicked though, as good as a long long trowel..

The EZE Spat is the same as a Excalibur or s*p*r*lex. Just the different blades and handles.

Not heard of it dragging the finish to be honest? How soon or how long did you wait till you troweled?

If you read trough some of the threads on here the guys say when they find it most effective. When did you buy your spat mate, and what size?

The EZE Spat is the same as a Excalibur or s*p*r*lex. Just the different blades and handles.

Not heard of it dragging the finish to be honest? How soon or how long did you wait till you troweled?

If you read trough some of the threads on here the guys say when they find it most effective. When did you buy your spat mate, and what size?

Hi Ryan ... You sent it out on Monday for me, received Tuesday.

Ok, maybe not dragged but i tried to use it as a "2nd trowel" and it was crap, tiger strips. Like i say, its ok for flattening but it needs to do more than that to be worth while.

Its the 1m one.

Hi mate,

Stick with it, it is also down to the timing. You will find a way of getting used to it and when to use it, as I said, some guys have said when they find it best to use. Might be worth having a look around. Hopefully some1 will be on board soon to help you out as well

It is timing, takes a while to get used to it,I prefer the speed skim first and then let it pull in a bit before the spat, basically the same as using your trowel..use it nice and flat if tiger stripes appear, leave it to pull in more, perhaps speed skim again neatly.

I just used me trowel, then thought why am i farting around with the spat ....

I think the blade needs to be worn in, which will be hard as job dont allow you to arse about really.

I will give it another go tomorrow.

I just used me trowel, then thought why am i farting around with the spat ....

I think the blade needs to be worn in, which will be hard as job dont allow you to arse about really.

I will give it another go tomorrow.

i'm just using mine to flatten until I get used to it but I think once broken in a bit will be priceless

I hope your right . . . I just didn't like how it was leaving the finish, it was like troweling with a brand new trowel i suposse.

Am confident you will get used to it and love it mate, most of the guys do which is great!

Best of luck and please let me know how your getting on, good or bad!

It is timing, takes a while to get used to it,I prefer the speed skim first and then let it pull in a bit before the spat, basically the same as using your trowel..use it nice and flat if tiger stripes appear, leave it to pull in more, perhaps speed skim again neatly.
John how stiff is the supaflex blade? I've got the eze spat but have the flexible blade on it and it always tiger stripes.

s*p*r*lex is like a well worn in trowel. great on flat walls and ceilings, timing as always is the key, but have to say its the best thing I have bought in a long time. the only possible down side is the blade like a trowel is not replaceable , so great care must be taken, it cannot be dropped or allowed to get a big nick in the blade, the excalibur by one stop is supposed to be identical.

s*p*r*lex is like a well worn in trowel. great on flat walls and ceilings, timing as always is the key, but have to say its the best thing I have bought in a long time. the only possible down side is the blade like a trowel is not replaceable , so great care must be taken, it cannot be dropped or allowed to get a big nick in the blade, the excalibur by one stop is supposed to be identical.

Going to give the EZE spat another go today, hope i haven't brought the wrong tool .... s*p*r*lex sounds quality

spent all day doing walls so really gave the EZE a work out it works really well, It is just about timing and getting used to it you need to let the second coat pull in a bit more that usual and it didn't tiger up at all got a shed load on today customer was well happy and a pocket full of notes lovely!

spent all day doing walls so really gave the EZE a work out it works really well, It is just about timing and getting used to it you need to let the second coat pull in a bit more that usual and it didn't tiger up at all got a shed load on today customer was well happy and a pocket full of notes lovely!

Great news! Thanks for the feedback mate

Hi ryan, with the excaliber set on the website what sizes and how many spats do you get for that price m8?

Hi mate,

Off the top of my head there are 12 pieces + a pole. Sizes are: 1m - 800mm - 600mm ranging all the way Down to 2cm.

Im open tomorrow morning and have someone else from the forum coming to have a look at the spats. Come down and have a look if you want? Am there from 8 till 10 then down the new place spraying.

Is the pole for the Excalibur the same as the speed skim one? Is the attachment available and fits similar models?

Gave it another go today, still rubbish. i cant hold it any flatter, my thumbs will be in the finish. Its like it makes it look sandy like. Like i said its decent for flattening 1st coat, how people are finishing with this and no trowel i have no idea. Can only imagine dog rough.

Hmm, keep reading about these things.. Been using my plaggy trowel for flattening 1st & 2nd coats. Makes life a bit easier when I give it a 2nd go with my skimming trowel.
Tempted to try something else for flattening..

1m EZE Spat here if you want it for the right money mate ... Back to the tried and tested and what works for me .....

Last edited:
When are the plastic blades gonna be on ur website mate. Are they like a speedskim blade or more like the plazzi trowel blades cheers rik

Status
Not open for further replies.