Something inbetween MT and s*p*r*lex

CeeVee

Looking for a good trowel thats not as hard as MT and not as soft as a s*p*r*lex.
I'm finding the MT isn't flattening as nice on this new gear, and the SF just leaves it greasy and bumpy until the final flick.

Any recommendations?

Spring steel/carbons have more give in them, mt xtralite ss is a seriously good trowel, medi flex or refina isn't as soft as the s*p*r*lex.

Good stuff.
Might go for a mediflex.
Cant be doing with all the hassle a carbon brings :endesacuerdo:

Xtralight best all rounder . Mediflex to finish only imo Gonna get a xtralight carbon and that be me done I think with buying trowels . We'e you from if you were local ye could of borrowed me medi . Don't think there for everyone

Xtralight best all rounder . Mediflex to finish only imo Gonna get a xtralight carbon and that be me done I think with buying trowels . We'e you from if you were local ye could of borrowed me medi . Don't think there for everyone
Sheffield mate thanks for the offer.
Xtralight eh? I better get googling...

Sheffield mate thanks for the offer.
Xtralight eh? I better get googling...
Tool station do 13 inch carbon for 34 quid i think

I.m back on job i used medi on Sunday so I.m gonna sneakily shine light on it . If it.s as good as it looks unpainted then its awsome trowel. If I walk in and they ask me to explain something upstairs .....well least I.ve note on next week lol

Been back today had a sneaky shine of torch n seems cock on thought their painting is shocking lol

I think I've got my heart set on a medi.
Lay down and flatten with MT. Go over with medi then a final flick with s*p*r*lex.
May as well get a nela handboard while I'm at it too :LOL:

I think I've got my heart set on a medi.
Lay down and flatten with MT. Go over with medi then a final flick with s*p*r*lex.
May as well get a nela handboard while I'm at it too :LOL:
I wouldn't get a Nela hawk again.
They're not in the same class as a Marshalltown magnesium, or even one of their ali ones come to that.

They're not in the same class as a Marshalltown magnesium, or even one of their ali ones come to that.
Mt magnesium are the ticket, had current one near 3years and still straight, not a touch of a bend in it

Hi mate, I saw the nela hawk in the builders yard the other day and nearly grabbed it (looked good) and just because I thought f**k it it’s worth a go for a change? what didn’t you like about it or don’t rate?

Hi mate, I saw the nela hawk in the builders yard the other day and nearly grabbed it (looked good) and just because I thought f**k it it’s worth a go for a change? what didn’t you like about it or don’t rate?
It's purely the quality of the aluminium used. It has poor flex quality. Don't get me wrong I'm still using it, but definitely won't be buying another one.

Job done. My new mediflex is beautiful...just beautiful...
I bought an MT ali board tho...and now my mate is getting a magnesium just to rub my nose in it...:crying:
You used it . I only use mine at very end. Didn' even bother yesterday as i.m lovestruck with me little nella

(y)
It's purely the quality of the aluminium used. It has poor flex quality. Don't get me wrong I'm still using it, but definitely won't be buying another one.
Cheers mate, It’s always good to hear other people’s views on tools. (y)

You used it . I only use mine at very end. Didn' even bother yesterday as i.m lovestruck with me little nella
Yeah on 3rd flatten before a quick flick with the s*p*r*lex, but to be fair its more than good enough for that last pass.