some work i did this year (first year @ rendering)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

not claiming to be an expert and I am still learning, but I said id put a couple of pics up of work I have done this year.

don't be too harsh.

sorry about brightness on some photos, it was really sunny.

Not chemically, pressure washed it off and micro'd it.

there was a tree/bush growing up that area of the house taken down before I took shot.

any suggestions for future reference?

was up there the other day and was done near 9 months ago and still looks ok.

why did you not fit a drip bead to the head of the square window on the ground floor?

why did you not fit a drip bead to the head of the square window on the ground floor?

She had old/odd windows, this one being nearly flush, concrete was very brittle above window and didn't want to disturb it when pinning fir trees, I suggested options to customer and she agreed she wanted this.

if you look above French doors you'll see a slight drop in the bead, as I was struggling to get a grip with fir trees. Concrete was coming away, right pain in the ****

you want to be killing off any green before rendering, pressure washer alone aint enough, using something like parex lanko mousse

She had old/odd windows, this one being nearly flush, concrete was very brittle above window and didn't want to disturb it when pinning fir trees, I suggested options to customer and she agreed she wanted this.

if you look above French doors you'll see a slight drop in the bead, as I was struggling to get a grip with fir trees. Concrete was coming away, right pain in the ****

Why didn't you just stick the beads on then?

Oh and the work looks tidy.

I believe you may have a problem with your camera. As you mention the pics are a tad bright which you put down to the sun, but I see you're from Yorkshire so I'd say a problem with your camera is much more likely.

Last edited:
Your only real issue is the photo with your mobile no on it , JJ and Browny will fill your inbox with shiitt , literally ♨ looks good though

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

That top photo I priced for but she was keen to have someone from Rotherham who drove an American pick up?

I agree with Andy, stick your beads in future. To be honest I would say its the beading that lets the job down a little. Was that expansion needed down the middle, or was it to break the panel down? And the bead colour is not a good match.

As I remember she did epc's and her husband was coining it in on Green Deal boilers. She was smartening up the house to sell.

Last edited:

when we fit drip beads, we fix a temp. battern, screwed and pluged. then stick the bead with external quality ceramic tile adhesive . you can then just lay the bead onto the battern and know it is correct.

I prefer to pin beading up as you can level out and move them letter on, next day even, your not under pressure with setting gear less mess also, Just my preference.

think of it as stapling beads up to sticking them on with gear on internals.

i put bead down middle to break the wall up and make it a little easier, as I'm still learning.

apologise rigsby, I spoke to them earlier in year and they said they didn't have any other quotes, if I knew you had priced/viewed it I wouldn't have put it up, sorry again bud.

both customers were happy with work, they were offered all colours and different beading, it's what the customer chose not me, if it was up to me I would have moved house as render is a pain in the arse.

it is weber pral m,

thanks for for the feedback, positive and negative,

That was not me.

She rattled on about a house what was done across the road by a Rotherham spread driving an American pick up. I didn,t particularly like her Malc, just had a feeling she was after a comparison quote so no problems. Seems daft to me, she lived in a very expensive area and wanted the front rendered when all her neighbours was brick? Looks good now but in a few years it will lose value rather than gain.

Maybe some brick feature 1m high from the dpc? Not just this house Malc but whole walls rendered looks a bit bland to me. I like to see some features built in. Looks a good job though. I think I priced for render and bucket coat. I was in my keep away from monocouche render at all costs era. Going to start doing them again next year but not with Weber. It will be Parex, SAS or Envirowall.

Just down road pal, at brinsworth me, go to whiston for my haircut.

bit posh up brecks for a plasterer isn't it, you'll have to say hello if we ever work out who each of us are.

Just down road pal, at brinsworth me, go to whiston for my haircut.

bit posh up brecks for a plasterer isn't it, you'll have to say hello if we ever work out who each of us are.
my house before this was on Ellis street so I'm not that posh lol
I know who you are haha secret. I've drank with you before at your mums but you'd not know me if you saw me

Blimey leave him alone, macs put some pics up of his work that he's proud of and everyone's picked holes in it:RpS_sneaky:

I know who you are haha secret. I've drank with you before at your mums but you'd not know me if you saw me

Ellis St? I worked on those houses in 86. Didn't they get sold for £1 each?

She rattled on about a house what was done across the road by a Rotherham spread driving an American pick up. I didn,t particularly like her Malc, just had a feeling she was after a comparison quote so no problems. Seems daft to me, she lived in a very expensive area and wanted the front rendered when all her neighbours was brick? Looks good now but in a few years it will lose value rather than gain.

Maybe some brick feature 1m high from the dpc? Not just this house Malc but whole walls rendered looks a bit bland to me. I like to see some features built in. Looks a good job though. I think I priced for render and bucket coat. I was in my keep away from monocouche render at all costs era. Going to start doing them again next year but not with Weber. It will be Parex, SAS or Envirowall.

Thanks buddy, really appreciate that.

its what they asked for, she specifically asked for weber pral m cream, so she must have picked up a sample panel from somewhere.

I'm not in the game to take on work I couldn't do or wasn't confident of doing, I worked for a rendering company last year and did a few mono jobs and a couple of EWI/thin coat jobs all hand applied, learnt a fair bit while there.

Fookin hell, I know you mate.

You were there when I kicked off with my mothers ex for trying to cheat at poker, 3 decks of cards all marked, the cheating fooker, am I right?

you worked for Jacksons didn't you, with an older spread.

i hope your ok buddy, how's things?

Ellis St? I worked on those houses in 86. Didn't they get sold for £1 each?

John prescott use to live there, old pit houses in brinsworth that run parallel to Duncan street.

I think they have all got damp issues and a most are all owned by Asians now.

Fookin hell, I know you mate.

You were there when I kicked off with my mothers ex for trying to cheat at poker, 3 decks of cards all marked, the cheating fooker, am I right?

you worked for Jacksons didn't you, with an older spread.

i hope your ok buddy, how's things?
i didn't want to say the event but you just have so that's ok lol.
worked for him when he first set up we was only other gang he had at time.
come of site 3 years ago no going back . Things must be ok cos works crazy busy

i didn't want to say the event but you just have so that's ok lol.
worked for him when he first set up we was only other gang he had at time.
come of site 3 years ago no going back . Things must be ok cos works crazy busy

Thats great that buddy, I stay off site in protest for the dog rates they are paying.

im glad your ok matey, I think you where just starting a family when I met you (correct me if I'm wrong) so I hope that's going good too.

You should get in touch mate, always handy to have extra hands available for the larger jobs.

i have to go now, I'm going on our lass's works do to get pissed and chat up her colleagues followed by a bollocking and very quick drunken s*x later, lol.

Pm me buddy, or find my number on site.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.