Some pebble dashing Video

Members online

New Spatz looks good mate,I'm going to get one.
ive done miles of dashing but always used sand cement, never dash receiver do you get plenty of time with it?
Also have you ever used a bagged render like cpi for dash mate cheers

if you are going over a bagged render like cpi or ocr or a meshed basecoat like hp12 you will have a fair bit more time. no need to damp the wall down either. Weber now have a spec that u can use weber pral m as a base coat and dash reciever same day. i have used cpi to dash into and added a bit of sbr to help stones stick better.
I like dash receiver cos i can mix up what i want and any left is in bags so easy to store
i like the spat with a changeable blade thicknesses you get the best of 3 worlds . and u can change the size of blade. the blades are cheap to replace. have a look at our site pftplasteringmachines.com

Looks nice that spat, I'd image it's better for your wrist aswell the way the handle is, I'll have to save up for one from the pft Wales club shop.:nocausagracia:
We've just done a dash job using sas dash receiver, it's good gear, never sand cement again.

Cheers mate appreciated, yes I would add SBR as I would to normal sand cement, but it's always good to hear that someone has used it.
Yes I'll have a look at them Spatz mate they look handy, are you using it with the thinest blade? Cheers

Looks nice that spat, I'd image it's better for your wrist aswell the way the handle is, I'll have to save up for one from the pft Wales club shop.:nocausagracia:
We've just done a dash job using sas dash receiver, it's good gear, never sand cement again.
Problem is every dash job round my area is s+c and pea gravel and everyone wants this finish. So it would be harder to sell the more expensive dash receiver and it won't look the same

Problem is every dash job round my area is s+c and pea gravel and everyone wants this finish. So it would be harder to sell the more expensive dash receiver and it won't look the same
You can get a fair few different colours mind as a receiver, and I bet if you tot it up for a small job like a typical semi there won't be much difference in cost.

I'm kind of in the same boat, been wanting to use dash reciever for a while but I'm pricing against people using s+c. I know enewall have a product that can go over existing dash in one coat. Which would probably work out the same with saving a few days not having to scratch but on new builds or extentions I can't see anyone going for it

I'm kind of in the same boat, been wanting to use dash reciever for a while but I'm pricing against people using s+c. I know enewall have a product that can go over existing dash in one coat. Which would probably work out the same with saving a few days not having to scratch but on new builds or extentions I can't see anyone going for it
I hear you mate

Cheers mate appreciated, yes I would add SBR as I would to normal sand cement, but it's always good to hear that someone has used it.
Yes I'll have a look at them Spatz mate they look handy, are you using it with the thinest blade? Cheers
Yes thats the thinnest blade it a. 03mm

Thing is as mentioned the dash recievers can go over existing. The job here in my video was half painted face brick and half existing dash. I just used hp12 an mesh over the lot and enewall dash recievers over that. No hacking off. Not sure how we would of covered the painted brick so all in all it was a good easy job. 40 mts.minus windows. 10 bags of hp12 10 bags of dash recievers and 10 bags of dash

Yes thats the thinnest blade it a. 03mm

Thing is as mentioned the dash recievers can go over existing. The job here in my video was half painted face brick and half existing dash. I just used hp12 an mesh over the lot and enewall dash recievers over that. No hacking off. Not sure how we would of covered the painted brick so all in all it was a good easy job. 40 mts.minus windows. 10 bags of hp12 10 bags of dash recievers and 10 bags of dash
Yes I can see how it would work in that way and cheaper as you wouldn't need to knock off. Cheers

Do you use much sas gear rich?
I've been using it a fair bit of late

Dash receivers are all we use, either through machine or mix up on scaffold like you would mix multi. Far easier than s and c, don't know anyone round my way using s and c apart from the old boys.

It's up to you to sell it

I wouldn't think a customer would know the difference in price between a coloured receiver and a site mix you have to colour urself.
If its just plain grey then cpi or gpm is quite cost effective at over 3 m2 a bag

Pea gravel? Is that dorset pea you mean leeroy... Loads of houses done in Dorset pea round my way..popular on the housing schemes.​

It's up to you to sell it

On a private job for the public I can see someone people going for it once you explain the benefits and like I said it would probably work out the same costs being able to do it in one coat. But there's no way the builders I work for are gonna pay an extra, what £300/£400/£500? They all think its still 1995

id say on a average 3 bed semi is about 120m2 take the windows out and your talking 30 bags. so 300 quid inc vat and delivery from enewall. to mix site mix sand, cement ,lime & waterproofer i would say about £100 all in on grey standard but more if your into coloured and double if its pure white. i reckon you could do a sell job with that price difference
It depends on the alternatives the builder has. if he has a few guys to choose from then its down to overall price, if you work regularly for him he probably wont quibble over a couple hundred unless hes a starving fukkaa

id say on a average 3 bed semi is about 120m2 take the windows out and your talking 30 bags. so 300 quid inc vat and delivery from enewall. to mix site mix sand, cement ,lime & waterproofer i would say about £100 all in on grey standard but more if your into coloured and double if its pure white. i reckon you could do a sell job with that price difference
It depends on the alternatives the builder has. if he has a few guys to choose from then its down to overall price, if you work regularly for him he probably wont quibble over a couple hundred unless hes a starving fukkaa

Remember my builders are Scottish, they would quibble over a couple of tenners! That's £300 for top coat but what about adding on the base coat? You're saying 30 bags would do around 100m2?

Remember my builders are Scottish, they would quibble over a couple of tenners! That's £300 for top coat but what about adding on the base coat? You're saying 30 bags would do around 100m2?
it should do about 3-4m2 a bag. i have put it over normal sand cement base loads of times. TBH i dont do so much for builders so am probably not speaking with the same experience you are, we all get used to what we do innit

Way more bags than 30 for that or I'm doing something wrong here. I done 28 bags today on a mid terrace front and back, a semi I use around 55-70 depending on size.

Yes just moved over to using a bit more of it, I think there based near you. There putting a distributing Hub in the north apparently, it's good gear.
Ideal
There hbs mono is ok
Creamy and a dream to rule
Not used there silicone mono yet although I've heard it has issues spraying
I'm using there pro wall gear at the minute and it's decent
Beads and mesh are top notch but pricey!!
There a friendly lot and go out there way for you which goes along way

image.jpeg
This and same round back was 28 bags.

Ideal
There hbs mono is ok
Creamy and a dream to rule
Not used there silicone mono yet although I've heard it has issues spraying
I'm using there pro wall gear at the minute and it's decent
Beads and mesh are top notch but pricey!!
There a friendly lot and go out there way for you which goes along way
The reps been out with half a dozen bags of every product,
We've used there hbs gear aswell I was impressed.yes good to deal with aswell, there winning quite a few projects with there gear which we are looking at in our neck of the woods.

That an that little return was 9 bags over hp12. Depends wat ur going over i spose

Attachments

• DSC_0149.JPG
    DSC_0149.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 270
  • DSC_0150.JPG
    DSC_0150.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 285
What kind of money are those spats @pft Wales , will I have to sell a kidney to afford one, then be forced to buy some belle cleaner aswell? :eek: