some customers just live in a dream world !! lol

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty34

Afternoon everyone , just thought i'd share a little phonecall of a customer today :RpS_lol: this guy phones me up asking to give him a price on a bit of skimming , 3 bedrooms , a landing , and 2 reception areas . so i explained i couldn't give proper a quote without seeing it but i could give a sort of guideline . so i gave him a price ( 4 figures of course i'll say no more than that , i know pricing is a no no subject on here lol ) . anyway this nutjob after a sharp intake of breath said the magic words " oh i was hoping 4 something a bit cheaper " :RpS_cursing: to which i replied , "well how much cheaper" ? he turns around and said well i've got 600 quid to do it all , and a few other guys i've spoken 2 have said they can do it 4 that :RpS_lol: i had a mouthful of tea at the time a just spat it everywhere laughing my head off:RpS_lol: i just told him to crack on with it . im still laughing now , gotta say that cheered me right up , especially on a monday ! :RpS_lol: wat planet do these numptys live on :RpS_lol: but more 2 the point who are these crazy people who said they'd actually do it 4 that price :RpS_lol:

The sad thing is there are folk out there that will do it for £600.
yeah m8 the guy actually said people are willing 2 do it 4 that price :RpS_lol: more fool them tho , it's clowns like them that are messing the trade up 4 everyone else :RpS_cursing:

I've had it mate they want a top job for handyman money and what with us Being VAT registered ,makes it really awkward .

Im sure it will come right again . We hope .

This is the problem people doing one week course s and robbing us tradesmen of our craft work
26 years i trade and its getting worse

I don't even think lots the courses as a lot of these courses tell pupils to charge reasonable money to customers.... I think these proper cheapos are just lads who just go and buy some tools and give it a go

If he has someone to do the work for the price he wants to pay.....why carry on ringing around......?

Fish Fish Fish...... I bet he calls you back tomorrow! (then again....)

Afternoon everyone , just thought i'd share a little phonecall of a customer today :RpS_lol: this guy phones me up asking to give him a price on a bit of skimming , 3 bedrooms , a landing , and 2 reception areas . so i explained i couldn't give proper a quote without seeing it but i could give a sort of guideline . so i gave him a price ( 4 figures of course i'll say no more than that , i know pricing is a no no subject on here lol ) . anyway this nutjob after a sharp intake of breath said the magic words " oh i was hoping 4 something a bit cheaper " :RpS_cursing: to which i replied , "well how much cheaper" ? he turns around and said well i've got 600 quid to do it all , and a few other guys i've spoken 2 have said they can do it 4 that :RpS_lol: i had a mouthful of tea at the time a just spat it everywhere laughing my head off:RpS_lol: i just told him to crack on with it . im still laughing now , gotta say that cheered me right up , especially on a monday ! :RpS_lol: wat planet do these numptys live on :RpS_lol: but more 2 the point who are these crazy people who said they'd actually do it 4 that price :RpS_lol:
Why did he ring when he had cheap quotes, makes you cringe, if you were that stuck it would be the 1800s

I don't even think lots the courses as a lot of these courses tell pupils to charge reasonable money to customers.... I think these proper cheapos are just lads who just go and buy some tools and give it a go

like yourself you ******* idiot lol

If he has someone to do the work for the price he wants to pay.....why carry on ringing around......?

Fish Fish Fish...... I bet he calls you back tomorrow! (then again....)
well if he does call back m8 the price won't b changing lol . but theres always some numpty out there who will work 4 money like that :RpS_angry: i don't understand it 2 b honest all that work 4 just that :RpS_cursing: they'd b better off working in a coffee shop or something and stop fcuking the trade up 4 everyone else

well if he does call back m8 the price won't b changing lol . but theres always some numpty out there who will work 4 money like that :RpS_angry: i don't understand it 2 b honest all that work 4 just that :RpS_cursing: they'd b better off working in a coffee shop or something and stop fcuking the trade up 4 everyone else

welcome to the real world if you were that good you'd have repeat work so stop crying and blaming every other coont

Don't get angry with him if he calls back..... that is a buying sign - and he ways YOU to do the work....!

Stick to your guns and keep the price high!!

You are right - but everyone eventually realises "Pay peanuts, get monkeys!"............. it takes a few monkeys for some people to realise this though.....

Good Luck mate

It's like going into tescos and saying ill give you £50 CASH for £100 worth of food...... Hate customers like that! Just got to go with your gut instinct!

Only thing I would have told him was he can't afford it so let's stop wasting each other's time.

Done 85 Sqm in stairway, top floor of stair and hall at bottom. Took about 14 hours myself and a labourer .£9 per Sqm for all.

To me there is always a monkey in a hsl.. But sometimes giraffe in a bedroom and elephant bathroom :RpS_thumbsup:

Sorry to ask daft questions:RpS_sneaky: but I've not done any Artexing for ages, are these different patterns you put onto your skimming?

i had exactly the same last week im fed up of them now ringing up for a quote so off you go measure up give them a decent price and then you see their face drop like you have just put your hands in their pants and had a good rummage around asswipes some folk. look if you ring me for a quote dont pull faces and say oh so an so will do it for 20 fags and a copy of razzle well let them then i can go back home and watch jeremy kyle slagging off some git whos got 45 kids a sierra cosworth and a mrs big enough you could park a harley between her butt cheeks with paw prints goin up her knockers

Status
Not open for further replies.