Some courses do work?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BristolRuss

All I read on here is that these plastering courses are a waste of time and people shouldn't waste their money on it and they would learn more mixing up for a spread blah blah blah, but are they really? I have recently finished my level 3 In plastering and i am now going into higher education with the option to get a degree in building management, architect, surveying and many others and ill aslo have a trade back ground if it dont work out,So what I can't understand is why are most people so negative to these courses? I would of thought a lot of the older, wiser ones would be telling younger people who come on here asking for advise telling them to do these courses use it as a stepping stone to higher education so they don't have to wear themselves out by the age of 35 not get on the laboring sticks because you will never make it as a plasterer on a course or your wasting your time dont bother learning it because the works dead. Well that's my little say on what I think courses can offer if any bodies looking at getting onto one, it ain't just plastering you can do once you get some qualifications. Also if there's any people on here that have gone onto a hnc or degree I would like to hear what the experience was like and what it offered you. Was it worth it?

Shut up you ******* idiot lol you're not qualified to even breathe an opinion ******* painter and decorator
You haven't got a clue

wasn't rude to you? Any need for that? Not qualified to breath an opinion? It's a forum! Nope far from a painter and decorator.

You Are not qualified to have an opinion on what makes a plasterer live the dream it's all you're doing

You've completed a course which you have no experience in and you think that moving on to do another course has opened doors that will earn you a living?

What do you think you do when you're 15 ? You go onto further learning on 12 grand a year then 15 years later you're earning 30 - 40 per year

Delusional you lot make me laugh and the cheek you have to dare come on here and act like you know what the **** you're talking about

You Are not qualified to have an opinion on what makes a plasterer live the dream it's all you're doing
where did I say what makes a good plasterer? Living it really all payed and ready start. Just thought I'd post other options for people who are thinking of Starting a course and might fall out interest with it half way through. And not end up wasting all that time.

Russell mate all you are doing is making it worse fair enough you have an opinion but what you are saying is that you will be a million miles away from what we do mate that's what got every ones backs up, fair enough you have gone on to a better career but alot of people on here wont have the same option as you so there is no need to come on here and rub every ones nose in it.

You've completed a course which you have no experience in and you think that moving on to do another course has opened doors that will earn you a living?

What do you think you do when you're 15 ? You go onto further learning on 12 grand a year then 15 years later you're earning 30 - 40 per year

Delusional you lot make me laugh and the cheek you have to dare come on here and act like you know what the **** you're talking about
Ive completed a course with little experience 3 years (nothing really) which has opened up the door to go onto higher education so yes some day it will earn me a living.

where did I say what makes a good plasterer? Living it really all payed and ready start. Just thought I'd post other options for people who are thinking of Starting a course and might fall out interest with it half way through. And not end up wasting all that time.
******* whatever lol

Russell mate all you are doing is making it worse fair enough you have an opinion but what you are saying is that you will be a million miles away from what we do mate that's what got every ones backs up, fair enough you have gone on to a better career but alot of people on here wont have the same option as you so there is no need to come on here and rub every ones nose in it.
not trying to rub noses or nothing it's just other options for people who might takes the course, thought it might be another option for people obviously not. It's most deffinaly something different to read that all.

But he will probably end up with a better job than us.......And how many times on site have you had to deal with a no nothing snotty nosed **** who thinks he's better than you but still aint got a clue what there fecking on about.

Ive completed a course with little experience 3 years (nothing really) which has opened up the door to go onto higher education so yes some day it will earn me a living.

So onto of all the money you're going to waste tossing it off on you're next course you wasted the last 3 years too?

But he will probably end up with a better job than us.......And how many times on site have you had to deal with a no nothing snotty nosed **** who thinks he's better than you but still aint got a clue what there fecking on about.

You have to pass the courses first then get a job then work you're way up the ladder and believe it or not most of those snotty nosed pricks on site aren't on much more than 20-25 grand a year that's why they hate us lol

The reason why some of the comments on certain courses is that most training centres aren't quite as cracked up as they seem, but only some that is. Courses at the end of the day can only show you a rough idea of what to do, the real and proper way is through apprenticeships learning off of another spread someone that can now and then let you have a go working your way up to doing the odd wall. Theyre are some really good training centres and on the forum will point you in the right direction but it does go down to the old saying "practice makes perfect"

So onto of all the money you're going to waste tossing it off on you're next course you wasted the last 3 years too?
Not at all, my educations been free till now so not tossed any money away. If I didn't get a trade back ground I would of done A levels but learning a trade seemed better to me and easier. Either way I'd still be in the same course/ carrier choice.

On the moving to higher education, plastering isnt dead we are in a recession, most plasterers dont want some stupid ponsy job that you are seeking, they want the ability to turn a room from a crappy room to a brand new one. Egos are built on the nice work done especially if the room or wall or house in general was a mess, or sometimes the chance to actually and tell some of the nice places that they have worked or who for. Or simply the passion to do something flat, and therefore no ponsy job comes close.

The reason why some of the comments on certain courses is that most training centres aren't quite as cracked up as they seem, but only some that is. Courses at the end of the day can only show you a rough idea of what to do, the real and proper way is through apprenticeships learning off of another spread someone that can now and then let you have a go working your way up to doing the odd wall. Theyre are some really good training centres and on the forum will point you in the right direction but it does go down to the old saying "practice makes perfect"
I agree your never going to be a master plasterer after a course I haven't said anywhere that you will, all i was trying to point out is the little pieces of paper they give you saying well done you can plaster can take you a long way.

At the end of the day you have done a course and are now apparently qualified, but the proof is in the pudding mate, you cant rely on it as something to fall back on with no experience in the first place. I started my City and Guilds when I was 16(23 years ago) back then til you turned 18 a course would cost £2 a year. I passed my C&G and then stayed on and got my 3rd year in Advanced Craft in plastering, but at 19 when I had passed that I was no way near any good to the plasterer that I was working for, and he had no qualifications what so ever. Just coz you have passed a course means nothing.

On the moving to higher education, plastering isnt dead we are in a recession, most plasterers dont want some stupid ponsy job that you are seeking, they want the ability to turn a room from a crappy room to a brand new one. Egos are built on the nice work done especially if the room or wall or house in general was a mess, or sometimes the chance to actually and tell some of the nice places that they have worked or who for. Or simply the passion to do something flat, and therefore no ponsy job comes close.
That's fair enough and I won't knock anybody who does like doing that sort of thing every ones different. I've only come on here to post some thing different to usual negative stuff about these course. Of course most people got the wrong end of the stick.

I agree your never going to be a master plasterer after a course I haven't said anywhere that you will, all i was trying to point out is the little pieces of paper they give you saying well done you can plaster can take you a long way.

I've got a little piece of paper somewhere that says I can swim a mile, but if I tried that now I would drown, just like you will if you go on site spouting off like you did in your first post mate.

Lol You've achieved **** all just a lot of extra work to do for fitting it in with work and spending money on fuel

Having said all that I would never tell anyone to not do the C&G equivalent which I think is NVQ, they should do it for the papers as you never know when you might need them, like even for a life changing decision like emigrating. But not all the training centres give you the same learning experience or give you the same qualifications. I think they need to bring back proper apprenticeships.

At the end of the day you have done a course and are now apparently qualified, but the proof is in the pudding mate, you cant rely on it as something to fall back on with no experience in the first place. I started my City and Guilds when I was 16(23 years ago) back then til you turned 18 a course would cost £2 a year. I passed my C&G and then stayed on and got my 3rd year in Advanced Craft in plastering, but at 19 when I had passed that I was no way near any good to the plasterer that I was working for, and he had no qualifications what so ever. Just coz you have passed a course means nothing.
Wheres every one getting this I'm qualified lark from? Spunkys little rant? I'm no plasterer by any means I may never be all I've simply tried to get across is these courses are good stepping stones to higher courses.

I've got a little piece of paper somewhere that says I can swim a mile, but if I tried that now I would drown, just like you will if you go on site spouting off like you did in your first post mate.
This is the Plastering courses part right? All I've done is give people who are thinking of getting Onto a course a extra bit advise with what they can do with it, that's not shouting about what I got is it?

LOL well done for getting yourself qualified, some people on here are really jealous they never done it or begrudge anyone who has, so some of the replies your getting will always be like this off them. I did a bridging course for a HND many years ago but sacked it before the end coz i could never picture myself stood in the street with a theodalite, bored as s**t with no job satisfaction that you get off plastering. fair play educate yourself as much as you can coz they are worth it in the long run and dont let some people put you off especially people with no quals.

Flynny you can't half tell the only thing you ever did with you're life was going to college ....do you still go back and have a chat with you're tutors?

Flynny he has no intention of becoming a spread just used the course to put him self into a different career so why would you come on here saying this i presume to get people onto a different track the same as himself? Quals don't mean jack in the plastering industrie.

Tutor- oh s**t here comes that weirdo I taught 15 years ago
Flynnyman- hiya just passing how's things have you see.......
Tutor- yes I have it's a gold cscs card any cock can have one now **** off and do something entertaining like run across that road and see how quickly you can stop in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.