Some beginner questions

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ming

I've got some beginners questions regarding marble plastering.

Is there much difference between normal plastering techniques and the ones for marble. I understand it takes a bit mroe artistic flair but just the actual techniques?

I have a wall in the garage i'm going to use as a practice space is it better to put some boards on it or just hardwall it?

Also for beginning can I use my normal trowels or do I need the trapezoid ones?

Thanks
Emmet

erm I have not done any marble plastering before but I think its very different.... the technique everything... I dont think you need to be artistic as its a natural look....

Plasterboard your garage wall I would then you can pull it down easy and have another shot. I also suggest GT's course... 2 week training and the center is fricken awesome now.. I going to go down there soon for the crack and have a go :)

Welcome to the forum :)

use venetian trowels, or stainless spatulars, the smaller the trowels the more broken up the plaster looks, also dont use plasterboard as they really need skimming first, use hardboard at £3.00 a sheet then just prime the face and off you go, there are also loads of videos on you tube

hi emmet, I bought mine off ebay, before i did my course. I bought a flebile steel trowel so i can use it over anythinggg

Status
Not open for further replies.