solid measure

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

done a job for a builder last week.told him over the phone my prices per metre m2.i allways include door linings and windows in measure.he agreed to this and that was it.when i finished the job and told him the metre`s,he had a winge that i`ve included the linings!it was only 300m2 of skimming and the price was 5m2,all in,which is what i allways charge.how do you fella`s price,solid or not?

most commercial jobs they expect to take your openings out, however beading and reveals do take time so its fair to measure straight through. nfew yrs ago i used to get money for reveals but thats finished now. that said 5/m2 is high for skim was it supply and fix?

in the real world of plastering you get f**k all for reveals and beading on skimming

Yeah thats the norm paying straight through if your not getting linear on beads and reveals, it works out less for them so why complain.

Yeah take openings out and give a seperate price for beading and a seperate price for reveals.

No hang on, that sounds like a load of plssing about, and the price ends up virtually the same anyway, making everyone waste a load of time for no gain what so ever.

And I simply cannot belive a builder went back on his word to try and claw a few pence back

Who'd a thunk it eh

5m2 is supply and fix.take mats out and that leaves around 4.40m2.i`ve allways priced like this.most contractors price the same.when it`s a bigger site the price needs to be less as there is more competition.a mate of mine is a contracts manager for a building firm.he told me they price around 10m2!

yeah 5m2 for supply and fix thats what I thought. ask the builder to take the openings away then and just charge him 2.00linear for beading and reveals.

I did a job for a contractor a few years back who wouldn't pay a solid measure. I took out 1.6 m2 per side per door opening, and he adjusted my measure insisting it was 1.8m2. What a greedy c**t!

dont do the reveals or walk off the job put the beads up fair enough ......work out a linear rate on all the revelas on a decent job and it adds up

measure straight through. windows you have to dab bead and skim reveals. doors you have to plaster round clean lining plain back to give edge for skimming skim then clean again. it takes longer to do door walls so they shud pay for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.