So what did I do with my day off....?

reeves1985

Like the plonkers we are I cleaned my trowels!!!!

I mean seriously I get a day off and what do I do
"Oh I know I'll go get my tools out the van and clean them"
Give them a spit Polish for good measure :lol:

Is it just me or does a clean trowel make it feel like everything goes on smoother.

Tricks to the old mind

Is it just me or does a clean trowel make it feel like everything goes on smoother.

Tricks to the old mind
Soak them in bi carbonate soda....no effort required

Can't beat a good tool and van clean out before the week ahead good for mind and soul!!!!...

Come Friday foookin lots loppy!!!

My tools were that bad earlier they were border line unusable!!!....

I've been washing my tools off in a sloop bucket for 4 days there where about 5" of crud 1" of water!!! Lol...

All coz I couldn't be arsed to go and empty it!!!

Basically I go from ocd to complete tramp in 3.5 days max!!!

Can't beat a good tool and van clean out before the week ahead good for mind and soul!!!!...

Come Friday foookin lots loppy!!!

My tools were that bad earlier they were border line unusable!!!....

I've been washing my tools off in a sloop bucket for 4 days there where about 5" of crud 1" of water!!! Lol...

All coz I couldn't be arsed to go and empty it!!!

Basically I go from ocd to complete tramp in 3.5 days max!!!
My bucket gets like that:) the goo gets higher and higher with less and less water....glad its not just me.....tipped it out when I got back from this job and it was like a almost a foot of sludge

I took the day off today, had a few things to sort out, was sorted by 2pm so i fitted a roll cage in my 4x4.

WP_20160728_17_57_37_Pro.jpg

My bucket gets like that:) the goo gets higher and higher with less and less water....glad its not just me.....tipped it out when I got back from this job and it was like a almost a foot of sludge

Snap my whisk bucket gets like that
Can't be arsed to empty it but then you realise there's not much water left in it and you can't get the paddle in

Lift it up and it's like a weights session
:lol:

On the bright side my trowels are sparkling now!
They were that bad bicarbonate didn't really touch it after 3 hours
It took a fair old effort and some wet 'n' dry to bring them back.

Forgot how sharp the fcucker was as well sliced my finger real good

I always tell myself I'm going to keep everything clean

It lasts about a day or less if I end up chasing my tail

Give them a light scrape at the end of every day and spray them down with WD40. Stay on top of it and it's never a problem. Just my opinion of course.

Tricks to the old mind

Day off! Jesus f**k I forget what a day off is. Been flat out for months now and loads booked in. Potential work until xmass or even till Feb if everything goes to plan. A cple even contacted me from Oz to do up a cottage not to far from me so thinking I must be doing something right lol. In saying this, haven't had a minute to myself in ages so getting bit stressed with it all and anyone who's been with me is useless f**k**s so looking for other men to pull in.

Give them a light scrape at the end of every day and spray them down with WD40. Stay on top of it and it's never a problem. Just my opinion of course.
I agree you can't beat a good squirt of WD.
Late finish and everything gets lobbed in the van and away I go to forget my troubles until the next day.

Builders yard, arrive at job, prep up, get set up, mix up,
Then think f#ck it I'll do it after and the cycle continues!

Oh well I'll learn some day haha

Day off! Jesus f**k I forget what a day off is. Been flat out for months now and loads booked in. Potential work until xmass or even till Feb if everything goes to plan. A cple even contacted me from Oz to do up a cottage not to far from me so thinking I must be doing something right lol. In saying this, haven't had a minute to myself in ages so getting bit stressed with it all and anyone who's been with me is useless f**k**s so looking for other men to pull in.
I'm normally the same but I pulled off a job earlier in the week which was booked for today to go finish so didn't bother booking anything in!

Not often I willingly pull of a job but when you got smack heads keep walking around the building and no way to lock the doors and then the cheeky f**k**s trying to break in your van I'd had enough.

I spent today sat on the M25 but dropped in to goldtrowel and had a look round... love the work...

a7251bd1f994b85bc1a0030cf12e7bc3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Well thought I'd stick a picture up of 3 of my cleaned trowels!

Also went mad and spent £100 on a new radio!

Sick of buying cheepos that don't last 2 minutes so went and got the dewalt dcr020 DAB thingymajig!

Remind me never to have another day off where I have nothing to do and sit looking on the interweb!!
20160728_223424.jpg
dcr0201.jpg

Never clean my trowels, why bother ?? If there's hard plaster on the face of it I'll scrape it off before a set and that's it. When I did me BG certified plasterer assessment I could see the assessor looking down his nose at my trowels but it don't matter how clean they are. It's the person that uses them.
He told me after he was sure I'd fail cos of the trowels. Wrong :rock:

Well thought I'd stick a picture up of 3 of my cleaned trowels!

Also went mad and spent £100 on a new radio!

Sick of buying cheepos that don't last 2 minutes so went and got the dewalt dcr020 DAB thingymajig!

Remind me never to have another day off where I have nothing to do and sit looking on the interweb!! View attachment 12995 View attachment 12996

Hate to say it mate but you will regret the radio its shite...

Had 1 before right overpriced...should have gone for the makita dab...

Thatvsaid I'm on a asda 5 quid special at mo...been listening to the makita at home/garden/garage...

Was just summetvelse to carry into job aposed to small jobby that just get Wang's in kit bag!

That said if on domestics makitas a bit to bass at times and no way to adjustvwhich is gash
They guy I sometimes work with has the makita dab and I hate it with a passion
I keep telling him it's going in the next skip!!

It sounds horrible that's when it gets any dab signal

Only used dewalt one twice up to now but had no problems and signals been good
I prefer the sound of it as well.
Plus most of my tools are dewalt so can use the batteries without having to buy any

I was tempted by the bigger brother but couldn't justify the extra £50/ £60 for the 2 sockets and charge function

I got the dewalt for £100 the cheapest I could see the makita was £119 buy that was a while ago

They guy I sometimes work with has the makita dab and I hate it with a passion
I keep telling him it's going in the next skip!!

It sounds horrible that's when it gets any dab signal

Only used dewalt one twice up to now but had no problems and signals been good
I prefer the sound of it as well.
Plus most of my tools are dewalt so can use the batteries without having to buy any

I was tempted by the bigger brother but couldn't justify the extra £50/ £60 for the 2 sockets and charge function

I got the dewalt for £100 the cheapest I could see the makita was £119 buy that was a while ago

Sounds like it was right for you then fela!!!

Always nice to have summet to chear you up at work!!!

Sounds like it was right for you then fela!!!

Always nice to have summet to chear you up at work!!!
Yeah it seems to fit the bill
I've only used it twice so might end up gash and not last long time will tell in that one.

I borked at spending that much on a radio but the el cheepos haven't been lasting me 2 minutes
So if it lasts anytime past the warranty it will have been worth it