So a a couple of weeks on what do you all think?

Members online

So do you like the new forum?

• Yes!! I Like it

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No!! I dont like it

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys,

Its been some time since the switch and I think most people have made it accross from the old site. You should have all started getting use to its features and what can be done.

I like it, its working well in teh search engines and its very flexible and when we get the "groups" working I am sure it will get better

So do you like it?

Danny

sorry Danny i think the forum gets in the way of the interaction now.......I for one haven't logged on for ages as I don't have the patience to persevere with it. Why did you change it so much? You know when you get an update for mac or windows it gets tweaked over a period of time. This complete departure I think is in danger of stalling it all together?? Maybe i'm just bored of talking about the same old stuff, I don't know but have somehow lost interest in it since it was changed. It's like I want to put a grumpy face on the end here but have no idea where the smileys are and can't be arsed to look either. That's the problem, the site feels a bit disconnected and has lost the very thing that made it what it was......a friendly and ituitively simple place to speak to other plasterers without the format getting in the way. Just my opinion butt :(

I must admit I much prefer the old forum. much easier on the eye and felt more user friendly etc.

Still maybe with time ill get used to it

i think its ok ,not finding the colours a problem , but its too technical for me , other than that its a better forum

i didn't have a problem with the old forum site

new site is actually fine---just wish the pages would refresh/load quicker ...

Hello,

Thanks for the comments. I have tried to make it as simple as possible.... to post a new thread to reply to a new thread I am not sure how I can make it simpler.

The old forum was so simple but it lacked more than you guys can see. It became a risk. The errors backstage were as long as my arm and growing.

This new forum is the top of the league in forums there is no further to go.... the only things that can change are the colours and I am still un decided, some dont like them some like them.... maybe in the future I will tweek them but frankly I have spent probably 200+ hours working on the forum in the last couple of weeks so I have stepped back to see how it progresses

The new forum has a whole lot more options available and you can use them or you dont, you dont have to jump through hoops and its not a neccessity. The smilies by the way goody should be visable now :)

If anybody has any sugesstions on how to make it more simple or improve it then let me know

Thanks for the comments

Danny

I work in IT my moto is

People don't like change and I don't like people :)

lol I will be working on making the pages load quicker the switch from the old forum loaded the new forum with loads of rubbish that is not needed.

Danny

I'm not a geek so i'll just get on with it!!! eh, where's the smilies? oh, there they are..... :flapper:

i dont mind it know tbh i dont think its that disimilar anymore ...............sort the smileys out though danny there shocking............see whys it at the top lol

i must be more of a geek than you spunky........at least i know how to place the smilies :rolleyes)

i like the quick reply box at the bottom, one thing that does my head in is when you get a new PM, that little box comes up and asked if you want to open it, which i like, but then every time it asks if i want to open it in a new window, is there no way of stopping it asking every time

So you are getting teh popup when you get a pm?

I will take a peek I think it can be disabled in the profile settings

Danny

Smilies are coming.....

yeah the pop up comes up 'danny has sent you a message would you like to open it' or what ever it says, i click yes, then the other box comes up asking if i would like to open it in another window, that one seems pointless to me, ill either open it now or open it when im finished reading whatever im on.

I think it's great and given time when they get used to how the format works I think they will like it too. As for vb forums they are great and very secure BUT updates are quite regular :RpS_scared:.

Last edited:
the updates are often and they are secure but the updates should not effect you guys anyway now as the move from smf to this was huge :)

Danny

So steve if you want to lose that pop up go to settings which you will see at the top of this page then go to the general settings which is in teh left of the screen and then you will see the option for PM's there click teh one you want and then hit save :)

Danny

Im getting used to it now. Same as everything else I suppose the more you try it the better you will become. Thats why i wank so much!

I only voted no Dan as I im not yet used to this new set yet, I did like the old though but im a bit old skool and dont like change but ill get used to it.

lol thats ok I dont expect everybody to get use to it instantly... jesus I still getting my head round it but those that have been playing are started to sway to liking it.

I dont like change... the decision to move has been playing on my mind for months but soooo glad the move has happened and also I am glad that it went as smooth as it did.

Seriously if somebody doesnt like something tell me there is noneed getting annoyed as most of the time i can cure things

Danny

I think the problem is we all liked the old forum because it did what WE wanted it to do but it wasnt doing what YOU needed it to do.
The upgrade hasnt benefited us I dont think.

It must be a good thing for you though Danny so we'll all keep plugging away at it lol

Yeah Danny I'm getting used to it........OOOPS WHAT DID I JUST PRESS?? :eek:hmy:

HTML:
<form action="/html/tags/html_form_tag_action.cfm" method="post">
  Comments:<br />
  <textarea name="comments" id="comments">
  Yeah Danny I'm getting used to it........OOOPS WHAT DID I JUST PRESS??
  </textarea><br />
  <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
</form>
<p style="font-size:10px;">
</textarea><br />
</form>
PHP:
  </textarea><br />
</form>
:RpS_scared::RpS_scared::RpS_scared::RpS_scared:

I think you may be right rich.... it got frustrating not being able to do certain tasks but we can now :)

Nisus what are you playing at?

Danny

I think the new forum is fine.

There is just one thing though Danny.

On all of the main pages at the bottom of the screen it says: All Rights Reserved The The Plasterers Forum

but when you open a thread it says: All Rights Reserved The The Plasterers FOrum

Just thought id let you know.

I will take a peak I think I know what it is.... I am err lets just say using some software that I did not want the owner of that said software to get the credit for.....

Thanks mrmojo and welcome to the forum :)

Danny

Yeah Danny I'm getting used to it........OOOPS WHAT DID I JUST PRESS?? :eek:hmy:

HTML:
  </textarea><br />
</form>

PHP:
  </textarea><br />
</form>
:RpS_scared::RpS_scared::RpS_scared::RpS_scared:

Hes at it Danny, the cheeky c**t :RpS_laugh: Hes a quick learner :RpS_thumbup:

tis good yah ....pleased now i dont have to log in everytime ,kept forgettin me password and couldnt remember where i wrote it down iam a forgetful c**t

Status
Not open for further replies.