snowing and freezzzzzzing

Status
Not open for further replies.
shite time to be starting a job...i finnished at half 2 today....its friday afta all.

cant the windows be boarded up...least it'l keep wind from up ya kilt:RpS_thumbup:

i think its relatively warm down here at the mo, just dnt go sending us all your shitey northern freezing weather:razz:

just thinking the same, were only in october. hats off to the scotish lads, i dont know how you make a living.

winter ---time for the scotts to eat porridge and wrap up in a tartan scarf
before leaving home:RpS_lol:

Sat in front of my roaring coal fire I reminisce of the time we did a barn conversion with no windows, overlooking a field with a blizzard blowing straight at us. We were on a scaffold skimming a ceiling whilst wearing all out clobber as well as waterproofs, wooly hats, gloves etc. our bait room was a bathroom with Kingspan pressed against the window and propped up for a door. Calor gas fire on full blast, toasting our sandwiches with a toasting fork and dipping into a flask of soup. It was bloody freezing but the smell of toast and soup soon meant we had a roomful crammed in all toasting their sarnies. Had to give up for several days as the skim was freezing and the waterbut was near solid.

been on a few sites where the stand pipe is frozen along wi all the butts...fukin hated it when some arse of a plumber got his blow torch out:RpS_cursing:

i was doing a swimming pool in Forres scotland last year and the temp whent down to -21 ff rzzzzzzing !!we through a cup of boiling water in the air and it turned to snow as it came down, me and my son rented a holiday home to stay-in while we did the job, we had porridge with whisky-in , then in the evening we bought tesco's finest meals and started with cheese /biscuits ,we had the heating on full all night long and we were as cosy as F,we could carrie on with rendering and screeding as i bought W,OCR so the sand never froze , i had filled three water-butts up indoors and left them next to the other pool were it was warm and in use, the pololish lads could not work as there sand/water froze, we had a f great time !.........

Sat in front of my roaring coal fire I reminisce of the time we did a barn conversion with no windows, overlooking a field with a blizzard blowing straight at us. We were on a scaffold skimming a ceiling whilst wearing all out clobber as well as waterproofs, wooly hats, gloves etc. our bait room was a bathroom with Kingspan pressed against the window and propped up for a door. Calor gas fire on full blast, toasting our sandwiches with a toasting fork and dipping into a flask of soup. It was bloody freezing but the smell of toast and soup soon meant we had a roomful crammed in all toasting their sarnies. Had to give up for several days as the skim was freezing and the waterbut was near solid.

i was doing a swimming pool in Forres scotland last year and the temp whent down to -21 ff rzzzzzzing !!we through a cup of boiling water in the air and it turned to snow as it came down, me and my son rented a holiday home to stay-in while we did the job, we had porridge with whisky-in , then in the evening we bought tesco's finest meals and started with cheese /biscuits ,we had the heating on full all night long and we were as cosy as F,we could carrie on with rendering and screeding as i bought W,OCR so the sand never froze , i had filled three water-butts up indoors and left them next to the other pool were it was warm and in use, the pololish lads could not work as there sand/water froze, we had a f great time !.........

theres always a topper :rolleyes)

theres always a topper :rolleyes)
NO MATE not trying to top anything, just adding one of my little stories , after 53 years of life and especially working all over the britain ,i have loads my kids 4 of them love me to tell my storys of work mates/places/stuff , and funny enough most of my stories/adventures are from work as i have spent all my life there really, a bit sad but thats how it is Kid..........

onni havin a laff gooner man :RpS_thumbup: just think of it has been in the boozer

yes i did dave no it was definatly a dolphin it was driving a speedboat and wearing a captains hat, it was so much better than those other stories:RpS_thumbsup:

I was so cold the other night I woke up to find an I've cube stuck to my arse - I picked it up, threw it on the fire and it went 'faaaart!'

Status
Not open for further replies.