snowcrete used as topcoat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger

Does anyone have any advise on the use of snowcrete,I plan to use snowcrete white cement with lime as a top coat with ordinary portland cement as the scratch coat to get a lighter natural shade(cream or similar) scratchcoat 4-1-1 and top coat 5-1-1 with waterproofer in both coats. the only sand I can get around my area that is any good seems to be from wicks which is a orange in colour. I did read somewhere that snowcrete has a stonger set than normal cement for the same mix ratio, just wondered if this would be a problem when used as the top coat along with ordinary cement as the scratchcoat with the proposed mix ratios as above.
Appreciate any advise :confused:

are you after the rustic look mate? do a test panel and see how you get on let everyone know where youre from and they might now of a more sandy colour sand if there is such thing

If you use white cement with orange sand you get orange morter use silver as Gibbo said but not the easyest to work with not a lot of life in it

If you use white cement with orange sand you get orange morter use silver as Gibbo said but not the easyest to work with not a lot of life in it

like a sandstone effect, I seen a guy making plant/garden enclosures with...looked really nice

Dont use silver sand its shite. Snowcrete is alot stronger than opc so make your mix ratios more like scratch=6,1,1 top= 8,1,1 (speak to castle technical they will tell you the same) or 5-1 and 6-1 with plasticiser(does the same job as lime). Where are you from theres a place near the lakes called Border aggregates they sell white rendering sand, yellow rendering sand and lots more give them a ring to see if they deliver anywhere near you as they supply most builders yards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.