Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

heafy

bfe95f9e.jpg

9a7a1101.jpg

18f01e96.jpg

56acf325.jpg

Only a little un creatin a reclaim brick effect which is gonna be pointed up with sand and cement

Yea mate, eml then scratched to float beads then topped off to straight edge to form a hard angle and roughed up with a wallcrete bag to give the pitted rustic look

Nice one craig, Looks quality, keep em comin mate, i got a brick effect to do in Sheffield tomorrow and one in Huddersfield next week

Nice one craig, Looks quality, keep em comin mate, i got a brick effect to do in Sheffield tomorrow and one in Huddersfield next week

Where abouts Paul? I am in the west and south west of Sheffield tomoz. Crookes and Dore. Give us a ring and we can catch up on gossip.

Nice work mate. Why is it being pointed? I thought you could do that with wallcrete

You can rake back to leave a mortar joint with wallcrete, but because the original brick which was used to build the house are that random ie chunks taken off corners, different sizes etc it was just easier to take out enough to be pointed then when it does get pointed up they'll get filled in with mortar if ya get what I mean. Also the original pointing is as messy as fcuk

Jewsons do a spray that weathers brickwork not cheap but does work.
I was looking at that after I had our windows done & had some brickwork changed but it stands out like a sore thumb, I never bought it as thought it probably a gimmick. Does it do the job ok then? Like you say it's not cheap.

Just brush some milk onto your new bricks a couple of times lee. Few weeks later and they'll match the existing.

I heard that before & cowsh1t apparently :RpS_thumbup:
Right looks like muller it is then :RpS_biggrin:

Milk, yogurtt all work but take time for the organisms to work and age the bricks, i spent 5 years experimenting with this on a contract i had and we found different surfaces needed to be treated different, some you could wash with a soot and water mix others you just blew the dust on and loads of different tricks to distresss and age the brickwork

About 10yrs ago i saw some blokes tinting the brickwork on an old nursing home we were working in, matching old & new, looked good.
Suppose it was similar stuff to the wallcrete tints/stains.

thats no clearer. Did he put the bag on the roller what about the cracks etc and what r acrylics.

I'm assuming he rolled the bag up into a cylinder shape and rolled it over the surface after applying some liquid release agent, cut the cracks with a knife , and then tint the textured effect with acrylic stains from wallcrete, we use all sorts of bits n pieces to create effects other than stamps and texture mats, old paint rollers, brushes, forks, carving tools etc

All I did was scrunch up the bag the wallcrete comes in and pushed it in lightly in some areas and deeper in other areas. As for colour it was basecoated with a terracotta, then blushed with a terracotta/red mixture then obviously the black is just black with tints of grey bands running through em

ahhhhh. that makes it clearer.

Do you ever use colour in the mix or always add it after

I generally use a pigment in the base coats to make life easier, but if it's a simple brick effect i will use a base coat pigment in the mix then cast pigment onto it while it's still wet to create the tones and hey voilà done in a day, but some times you do have to go back an tint if the colours your trying to match too are a bit complex, like Craigs job here, an i gotta say he has done a crackin job

Status
Not open for further replies.