small gable

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
builder wants this gable rendering hes aftera smooth finish its about 15m they have took tile hung tiles off but its left a brick on edge with timbers running every 600mm span just wondering the best way to tackle this ie best outcome ie cement boards or eml not too sure on this one thanks

I think chris is on about the new regs, if you are working on outside walls and replacing more than 25% of the surface area you are obliged to let the customer know that they need to incorporate some kind of insulation system. The punter can then turn round and say ''fuk that mate - I don't want it'' then you carry on as normal.
As for your wall - EML & splatterdash (after the builder has established the stability of the gable:RpS_wink: )

might be a good idea to tell em theyll be in breach of regs then.... coudnt building control insist on it?

besides, i reckon an insulated thincoat system would be better than eml over timber...
but if eml it is... bit of building paper over the timber first...
i always seem to get cracking when eml over timber, never any 'building paper' around when you need some... timber lintels in old houses etc..

chris theres no paper about anymore as ive got it all in my F*****g van. have to put it EVERYWHERE when we go into a room, floor, windows, rads, fire, bannisters. 'kin ball ache

if doing a thin coat system over this would you just stick the insulation boards on first are they then secondry fixed through the mesh cheers

Look on YouTube monk there's a how to vid on there taking you through from start to finish with an insulated system

Status
Not open for further replies.