sm700 pro

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiganlad

Private Member
I'm gna be spraying this over mono that was done about 5 years ago . Then I'm gna put noblo on top. Do I need to prime the base before the noblo. With the base already being white

Hello mate

I will check for you tomorrow (work for Knauf but not for the Marm guys), but I am sure Noblo is a water based top coat.... so if you don t prime it will suck into the SM700Pro which may cause working problems and patches....

I am sure there are SM700Pro and Noblo users who may answer quicker though

Good luck

Some base coats have no suction so it might work. Marmorit do two primers as I remember but you could always prime it with sbr?

I've used it before and toped with coni was told by rep no need to prime. It did dry abit quick but it was a scorcher of a day. Just wondering if same rules applied of noblo

319b26f0399cccfb52fc7ffddadcc766.jpg
c845d38904b46922e3fe978257fee619.jpg

We've just done this job in sm700pro and conni, didn't use any primer on it at all.

Hi Guys

As per Stuarts message above.....

Noblo is a mineral finish that has to be equalizer painted after it is dry anyway; therefore, there is no need to prime the SM700Pro basecoat before application of Noblo.

For other finishes and SM700, always check the specification for the project.

Good Luck!

Ah b*ll***s! Lads crashed the scissor lift in to the panel on the right hand side today literally taking the last window of protection off. That was at 3pm though so gunna worry about that monday morning.

Hi Guys

As per Stuarts message above.....

Noblo is a mineral finish that has to be equalizer painted after it is dry anyway; therefore, there is no need to prime the SM700Pro basecoat before application of Noblo.

For other finishes and SM700, always check the specification for the project.

Good Luck!
Thank you for getting back on buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.