Slow at the mo

Status
Not open for further replies.
aye marra...........been watching nat geo and jezza kyle today............was like reading the daily mail and the sun in one day.......................:RpS_thumbup:
It only takes 1 phone call and ya back in the game marra................:RpS_thumbsup:

Been busy every Jan for years, this year is shite though. A few cancellations didnt help though. Like I keep telling my workmate, its just around the corner.

Quiet everywhere man but im sure some prick will tell us how busy he is to rub it in

Well funny you should say that..........................xxxxx only kiddin Arty did you see that bird on JK with the sellotape on both sides of her glasses LOL made me feel a lot better about being snowed in.

its real life that flynnymarra...........show some compassion..............:RpS_wink:

thats the right way to look at it pal but i been going down this road for ages and am starting to wonder where the corner is
Been busy every Jan for years, this year is shite though. A few cancellations didnt help though. Like I keep telling my workmate, its just around the corner.

Last year was the worst year we've had, nearly folded twice. This year it's dribs and drabs. Something's gotta give soon.
Plenty of phone calls though... PPI claims, advertising deals, insurance deals, pricks asking if we want to sell our business... Everyone wanting your money.. Still ask if they want a plasterer though lol (one said yes but they were at the other end of the country :RpS_laugh:)

Was looking quiet last week but I've had a few jobs booked in and its starting to look better. Im onto jobs number 2 and 3 of the year for a bathroom and kitchen fitter I've just started working for. Turned out to be a really good contact

Grim, but the best start to a year I've had in 3 years, still crap tho or maybe I'm just expecting to much, now worked a full week since early December :RpS_mellow:

ive been dead for last couple of weeks ive had 2 bathrooms to do and one little job, but had a half decent little job ring up today not fantastic but good enough to cover the outgoings for a month buying some waiting time for a few decent jobs that i have lined up (touch wood)

Worked for a few days while we had the mild temperatures. Now we are all laid off until it warms up a bit to render. Got 5 days to do then nothing until March.

May have to go onto the taxi's but that's rubbish at the moment. You have to take £400 to pay costs. You are lucky if you can take £500 in a 60 hr week.

Worked for a few days while we had the mild temperatures. Now we are all laid off until it warms up a bit to render. Got 5 days to do then nothing until March.

May have to go onto the taxi's but that's rubbish at the moment. You have to take £400 to pay costs. You are lucky if you can take £500 in a 60 hr week.

dont you do internals rigsby

The Boss was getting a little 'twitchy' last week as the work was drying-up, then thursday night gets a phone call from one of our contacts who has loads starting soon. Just wait for the phone to ring, it will!:RpS_wink:

We've done about two weeks since the beginning of December, I've turned into a right lazy git.

Hear hear! Still stuck in Christmas mode!

If I'm honest it's nice to know that I'm not the only one struggling right now.

best of luck to everyone!

Lets hope for a good year to come !

We've done about two weeks since the beginning of December, I've turned into a right lazy git.

I'll ask danny and we can have a jezza kyle section.................or have our own Loose plasterers panel show.........................:RpS_thumbsup:

Well i'll be the annoying ****! Busy through to end of march. Lucky by the sound of things. Stay positive! Before you know it you'll be complaining you've got too much.

Best start to the year for 5 years but never worked today as job got moved at last minute. Got 2 weeks work in diary now which for a january for me is amazing, last year it was mid feb before i got back to 5 days a week. Few big jobs in the pipeline as well hoping to come off very shortly.

We have been very lucky to date but nothing much happening for the next few weeks. On the plus we have priced a few houses this month and have noticed a few more going up of late, hope it continues!

Got nothing but a bunch of promises.....
Supposedly three refurbs and a newbuild for a builder I do some for.

Believe it when I see it.

Well i'll be the annoying ****! Busy through to end of march. Lucky by the sound of things. Stay positive! Before you know it you'll be complaining you've got too much.

where the same pal,
but just waiting for milder weather to turn up to get back on it.

Craig how did your polystyrene job go

Did two rooms for £400 :RpS_mad:
Quite doable for the price.

Then he wanted a quote for...a double size kitchen room, a toilet, stairs and all landing up and down.
I said £950 he said no way....

He went around every area asking how long it would take....got me to say £850....still said no way.

He said £700.

I walked....

Status
Not open for further replies.