Slope Ceiling Join

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
were there's a crack or joint it needs scrim including ceiling angles, unless you are not doing walls then get boards tight into angle and mushroom some gear into angles just before you skim ceiling, if your doing walls scrim angles shared 50/50 on ceiling and walls

depending on how good your boarding is you may want to roll the ceiling corners in as there is nothing worst than a wonky ceiling line :)

If your boarding ain't to good and your wanting a crisp straight ceiling line,fit a stop bead and work to that..:RpS_thumbup:..
.if its an outer join as you say, again use a stop bead and work to that .I'm assuming the angle is more than 90°?. You can get a 135° angle bead, but a stop end will do the job..:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited:
we would scrim the joint, then dub out with thistle bonding, run a mould over the bonding so that you have a good shape,once the bonding has set, skim the ceiling and rakes all in one.
if you just dub out in set , the set will sag and it will look a basket.

we would scrim the joint, then dub out with thistle bonding, run a mould over the bonding so that you have a good shape,once the bonding has set, skim the ceiling and rakes all in one.
if you just dub out in set , the set will sag and it will look a basket.

good idea using a mould... never thought of that :)

whats a mould

you can use anything that will give you the shape. we use a childs plastic plate, or a paint lid. this just hides the ceiling line,which is never straight on rake ceilings. once you have got the shape it is just straight forward skimming.

I would chalk line the angle if you want it straight...............:RpS_thumbup:

Staple your scrim on before you form the curve, saves you doing it twice.

And I like to mix half bonding, half drywall. Easier to form and less suction when skimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.