skirtings and architraves

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailey326

if your doing a reskim for someone and they want the skirtings and fixings removed do you remove them yourself cause i always find that fixings, especially skirtings, get damaged when trying to take them off.

but, if you are leaving the fixings on is there any good ways to clean them up afterwards?

If they want them off then the customer can take them off, what I always do is masking tape the the skirting architraves, windows etc, it save alot on cleaning time, when i have two coated and flattened off I then remove all tape just to keep all the edges neat.

gps said:
If they want them off then the customer can take them off, what I always do is masking tape the the skirting architraves, windows etc, it save alot on cleaning time, when i have two coated and flattened off I then remove all tape just to keep all the edges neat.

As above you cant go wrong
Use a sponge to clean them all down if required

TrowelADDICT said:
never tried masking tape........ think ill giv it ago
keep the tape a few mm back from the wall mate or you end up pulling the skim off, or cut it when set with uncle stanley

if they want em off i take em off but gotta make sure they relise they will need new wen im finished made that mistake once i was waiting to be paid an she goes what about my skirting boards are you not going to put them back on ???

Status
Not open for further replies.