Skimming price per m2

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlacheson

Can anyone tell me how much you charge for skimming with multi-finish per m2? I've never priced a job this way before, but I have a customer who wants to know. I normally just charge by the day.

They arn't offering any more work as they just what their bathroom skimmed after they removed the old tiles, but I'd say the area is approximately 18m2 (3 walls, one with a window reveal)

They arn't offering any more work as they just what their bathroom skimmed after they removed the old tiles, but I'd say the area is approximately 18m2 (3 walls, one with a window reveal)

well in that case just price the job instead of per m2, you say the tiles will be removed. So its an estimation you want to give them, not a quote... as you are estimating the job because there are tiles to be removed which means half the wall might come away in which you will need to bond out before skimming.

price work on a bathroom...lmfao :RpS_crying:

bathroom will take a day even if you have to stick a tight coat of bonding over the walls first to straighten up. Unless its like the Taj mahal then maybe longer but I doubt that.

price work on a bathroom...lmfao :RpS_crying:

bathroom will take a day even if you have to stick a tight coat of bonding over the walls first to straighten up. Unless its like the Taj mahal then maybe longer but I doubt that.

lmao

Are you sure Danny, it don't seem much. This bathroom has 3 walls to be plastered totaling about 18m2, @ £2.50 per m2 = £45!!! Maybe if large areas were to be plastered I'd charge by the metre, yeah?

yeah I am sure..... a good price is £4 m2..... when working on site or big projects. I dont know why the customer is asking for a m2 price seems a bit odd to me. I would probably walk away from it.

I use to charge £300 for a bathroom a few years back, doubt you would get it now though.

Thanks Danny, I'll just give him a price for the whole job then. By asking me price per m2, he's probably trying to get it done cheap. If he doesn't accept my price he can find someone else!!

yep exactly dont do it cheap.... cos if you do you are not helping the construction trade!

No plasterer should be working for less than £150 a day... its a skilled job and takes its toll on your body.... but with everybody slashing prices everybody is fighting for work which is no good.

£20 materials, 18m2 @ £10 =£180, that gives you your £200 price for the job, but as mentioned before they will most likely see it as expensive and expect it done all in for £80

there is no future work and the amount is very small for a metre price, you could give a metre price like whats been said £10 but then they will measure a bigger room and say that rate is too dear. Explain coz its such a small area the metre rate is higher than if it was a bigger area coz the same amount of preperation is involved. Sounds like they are trying to get it cheap so give themn a price for the job and dont let customers dictate how you run your business if they are insistant on a metre rate, like whats been said let them devide the price by metres and theyve got it :)

Flynny is 100% right there. £2.50 a metre on say a domestic workf 18 m2 isnt a big area for half to a days work + quoting time =£45 in a domestic situation,with carpets curtains pipes plug switches water issues sheeting logistics to consider.
Now £2.50 on site wit 5x6 lounge ceilings and bigger areas with no cleaning messing around etc is 60-100 m2 a day dependant on areas of course.

So £10 m2 x 18m2 = £180 a a day domestic . onsite £10 m2 x 80m= £800 a day onsite.And i tell you now my freid even Rich brown dont pay them pricesd lol.

Last edited:
plus domestics have a £40 -£50 minimum for a start - even if it's just a patch. Kinda like a taxi company - there's a couple of quid on the meter before you get in it! Remember that when the next 'client' says 'HOW MUCH:-0'

could get in done in a morning, but it's not like you can go off to another job in the afternoon - maybe you can, dunno

point is, it's a day of your labour. Charge what you think you're worth

Status
Not open for further replies.