Skimming over tile adhesive?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlacheson

A friend of a friend has asked me to skim his bathroom walls which are plasterboard. He has removed the old tiles but the tile adhesive is still attached to the plasterboard. Is it possible to skim over these walls? If so, would I need to PVA the walls first? Any advice is much appreciated.

Mate if the plastererd finnish is the final finish i.e not tiling over it. id give it a tight coat of bonding then skim it for the best finnish.There will always be the odd high bit fron the adbesive else it will look bad .

Get scraping otherwise you will just have to put more plaster on to cover walls, and also the wet skim can lift the tile adhesive off and into your skim coat. Just wet the wall mate if lifts off the wall then scrape back if it is solid then you will get away with it.

yes you can plaster over it, if its real bad like said above, give tight coat of bonding/hardwall, or just a think first coat, either or! but obviously scrape off as much as you can, loose and mega high spots! I would give it a quick PVA as you cant go wrong that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.