Skimming over paper that has already been filled over

Members online

Dunn84

Hi there,

I’ve stripped many layers of wallpaper from our kitchen wall and underneath it all I am left with patches of the original wallpaper which has been filled over in places and looks like it has had a thin wash of something in other places.

I can’t strip the remaining paper off as it is behind the grey material.

I want to skim the entire room, how best to proceed? Could I sand it back or seal it perhaps?
Any help greatly appreciated!

4A16B39F-E559-455D-A8D0-DF268DADCE3E.jpeg
55C17417-E31A-4ACC-BDEF-DDAC70C74633.jpeg
80C81DBB-A83B-48A3-8D02-C0DBA6958244.jpeg
A056646F-6EA0-4BCE-ABE9-B7C026F2E6BA.jpeg

Hi there,

I’ve stripped many layers of wallpaper from our kitchen wall and underneath it all I am left with patches of the original wallpaper which has been filled over in places and looks like it has had a thin wash of something in other places.

I want to skim the entire room, how best to proceed? Could I sand it back or seal it perhaps?

View attachment 71406View attachment 71407View attachment 71408View attachment 71409
I'd grit it all day long

Hi there,

View attachment 71406View attachment 71407View attachment 71408View attachment 71409

Is the plaster sound? Be honest, as at that age, it’s often a candidate for a hack off back to brick…which would solve some problems.