Skimming over Artex

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
I bet most you skim over Artex at some time or other, in fact I bet some of you spend most of your time doing so.
Well I've been offered loads lately and I turn it all down since I checked out the HSE website, the reason ASBESTOS. They say under no circumstances should you scrape artex they even guidelines on things such as taking a screw out of it. Do any of you have similar concerns?

standard topic this mate.. should really be in the faq... if you do a forum search for artex theres hundreds and hundreds of posts on just this subject..
me? scraping doesnt release loose fibres, it all gets swept up and i'd much rather scrape an artex ceiling than drop an old upstairs lath and plaster ceiling..

I spend 90% of my time skimming over artex ceilings - I really dont think theres any real need to worry unless the fibres are in the air as previously mentioned

Rather than turn it all down chief suggest an overboard to the customer - If you can afford to turn down work good on ya, but I grab all I can at the mo

Either that or buy a fancy dust mask

you have to scrape back the artex and make it porous,if you dont even with pva the new plaster will end up on the even newer carpet before long. hse are good at panicking people, but the reallity is you have to take on the job or sit at home reading theyre website about what you shouldnt and should be doing, its common sense

essexandy said:
I bet most you skim over Artex at some time or other, in fact I bet some of you spend most of your time doing so.
Well I've been offered loads lately and I turn it all down since I checked out the HSE website, the reason ASBESTOS. They say under no circumstances should you scrape artex they even guidelines on things such as taking a screw out of it. Do any of you have similar concerns?

That's why i never scrape it.

Evan if it means giveing it 3 coats...

Been scraping 'cough cough' for years 'splutter cough' not had 'cough cooough splutter' any probs 'cooouuugh' at all,
i don't 'cooooough' know what your worried ' whoooop cooough splutter' about mate ;D

never heard of anyone dying yet........................ :-\

or anyone taking artex (tm) to court and claiming damages... ;)

it's not a bad idea though.. :p

I always try to get the costumer to pay the extra for a overboard I think it gives a better finish.
If they won't is a good scrape, a cough, a fag and 2 good coats of PVA.

i had a class 'A' heamorroid once that turned into an abcess 5 mil from my tex ritter...
couldnt sit down for a week then went the hospital and some asian fcukwit stuck his finger up my arse!!!!
had to have the bloody thing lanced under general and the nurse pulled nearly three feet of webbing out the hole when i woke up...
then i had to get it repacked every day for another week...
havent been near so much as a friggin ibuprofen since.... :-[

serious im pooing blood and ive got pains in my abdomen ive been to the doctors and she wanted to check for a pile :)..........i was trousers down bent over the doctors bed thing by the time she had to lock the door ........ok errmm not quite right if you lie down and put youre knees up against youre chin ;D

seggs did it ever cross youre mind you might get a hard on ;D

stick to class b... dont eat vindaloo... no more ibuprofen... hope u got short fingernails mate cos a burst one turns into an abcess and by GOD IN HEAVEN i wouldnt wish that on ANYBODY!!
o... ciders a killer for em too...
in fact anything acidic, spicy or anything that makes you hold your breath whilst your havin a s**t! ;D

spunkybum said:
seggs did it ever cross youre mind you might get a hard on ;D
when that muppet stuck his finger up my arse i wanted to stick a hardon up his arse and see how he liked it the t**t!

weve got to do it havent we ;)........ive been pulling my poos apart looking for blood ......only found the odd finger nail so so far so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.