skimming onto dry PVA - will the plaster blow ?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
depends on background suction pva nite before if old plaster,then pva nice,n tack prior 2 skimming ,we all have our own methods which.is rite .or wrong,there,s only one way find out.figgggggggggggggght:RpS_cursing: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

when u finish browning the next morning u can hear the water getting sucked out.polishes up quickly.i think when u get used two working.with a bit of suction.then skimming on two boards seems easy.er because there is no suction.in new boards.

aye tears your arms off.some times i have came home with a hole in my hand with the handle.rubbing of it all day.like a big blister type hole right in the middle of my hand.

just trying to think of the times when i see finish shelling off.

think it's mainly where old lime has been skimmed. Which makes me think it's not to do with dry pva, but more to do with a reaction with finish and old lime.

says on the pot apply plaster when tacky, so all you people that plaster onto dry pva are really taking no notice of the manufacturers recoomendation, if it falls off in a years time , who's to blame ??
better to do it properly or not at all.
balls will it fall off

cool defo gonna try it then does it work with bonding? etc

Not sure, bonding is temperamental when you add things to it, often setting it faster. Worth a try.

Drywall is alright to add though. I do this when forming curves, about 50/50. It makes them suck less, a quick brush of PVA when it's hardening and it pulls in the same as the boards.

Not sure, bonding is temperamental when you add things to it, often setting it faster. Worth a try.

Drywall is alright to add though. I do this when forming curves, about 50/50. It makes them suck less, a quick brush of PVA when it's hardening and it pulls in the same as the boards.
cheers pal ill try that next time im useing hardwall etc and ill try the bonding /drywall sometime to ( ya learn somit new everyday)

PVA the substrate the day before to sill the substrate . Then pva again when tacky skim, if u dont do this it will start shelling of so many weeks down the line. Follow manufactureres recomendation.

I'll brace myself for a few thousand calls from angry clients with sheets of finish on their floors then.

Status
Not open for further replies.