skimming limelite

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
In short yes. It's not recommended but I have done this before with no problems.

Do a search mate this has been covered before.

Yes mate,,got some of that but a ball ache skimming top half in multi and bottom ln high impact..told builder to get thistle dri coat

as carlos says its not recomended but i have skimmed out whole rooms in multi and they were half exsisting and half limelite

when i got back to the job the builder had coverd the room in bonding agent so i couldnt tell ya really but it worked out well..............well i never herd any different haha

if you pva the limelite it will hang like a biotch i learned this the first time i did it on a refurb for the council years back so ii just used to pva the usual stuff n leave the limelite as long as its been rubbed up u should be ok i never had any probs :RpS_thumbup:

limelight is suppose to breath !!
pva counter acts this by sealing everything in making limelight useless , don't know what everybody else thinks ?

limelight is suppose to breath !!
pva counter acts this by sealing everything in making limelight useless , don't know what everybody else thinks ?

Aye, s'what I thought hence the high impact finish. Not used it on full re-skims myself only on damping jobs that were just to be patched in.

I've always skimmed bottom hi impact and top multi and let them set together , way I was told 30 years ago and its easier than trying to patch them both in together once set .

I've always skimmed bottom hi impact and top multi and let them set together , way I was told 30 years ago and its easier than trying to patch them both in together once set .
in saying this who am I?
im just someone who smashes his head against a brick wall trying to earn a wage !

Status
Not open for further replies.