skimming internal render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave w

Hi guys, got to s&c render some internal walls after damp, any preferences on what to skim it with, multi or limelite.
Cheers

Hi guys, got to s&c render some internal walls after damp, any preferences on what to skim it with, multi or limelite.
Cheers

did you inject it ?or is the normal case of getting lumbered with the re / plastering cause the damp firm want a get out and cant be arsed with geting gear there , and waiting the correct ammount of drying time for such a small profit margin ?

Last time I do one for Peter Cox I had to knock it off , they injected it with in half an hour, I was left with all the **** !

funny that , im guessing that all the money is in the injection might be wrong tho :RpS_sneaky:

I know it's only my opinion, but you just as well piss in the holes! Injections just a waste of time and money, the damp proofing company will only blame the plasterer if it fails

Had a few calls recently where the local damp proof company have left the skimming. Think they only do it when they're quiet

Last time I do one for Peter Cox I had to knock it off , they injected it with in half an hour, I was left with all the **** !

That's standard I know a fella how only plasterers for dpc firms. They remove skirting, knock off 300mm of plaster, inject, re fix skirts on packers and he does the rest.

Earns well but has all the blame....

Dampco. I have no worries naming them. The work they do is fine, they just dont often skim it for some reason.

Trouble is with some of these firms is when the damp comes through again they blame the plasterer for not doing his job right even when they make the balls up.

Status
Not open for further replies.