skimming curves

Members online

No members online now.

got a job coming up, it's a living room with chimmney breast all curved, comes down the wall about 2

• bond the curves first

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • just skim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
just a quick question if the curve is already there why would you need to bond it first wil ?

is it coving ;D.........do you mean the chimney breast has rounded corners or the top of the wall that meets the ceiling mate?

if youve done 2 before what was the problem with them?
if the curve came out a bit wobbly then you prolly shoulda bonded em first, skim only wants to go on max 5mm..
and if its a real mare, just reflect it in the price then your not stressed knowing there enuff money it it to get it bang on..

spunkybum said:
is it coving ;D.........do you mean the chimney breast has rounded corners or the top of the wall that meets the ceiling mate?
i mean the whole room has rounded corners including the chimmney breast, simmiler to cove but the curve is part of the ceiling if you get what i mean

Yes I have seen this before but I still dont get your question ?? the curve is already there so why would you need to bond it? what exactly are you asking ? its simply just a case of skimming ceiling into the curves and then walls doing the same which is called feathering in, where does bonding come into it.

Ive got you know it depends on the customer mate if they still want that step there or not ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.