skimming ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

d675

Hi,

can anyone advise me on skimming a ceiling with ski slopes, is it best to just do the ceiling on its own or to skim down the slope at the same time, then do the wall last. also i have put thin coat angle beads on the corners to a shower recess which i am going to skim upto on the facing walls but i want to tile straight on the green boards in the recess can anyone tell me if the tile adhesive will stick to the beads

regards mark

The best thing to do in this situation is very clear. Put on the frilliest pair of womans knickers you can find and skip with G** abandon to the nearest pub, singing your favourite Whitney Houston ballad.

Think happy thoughts and try to forget about the details of the troublesome job.....works for me.:RpS_thumbup:

Your off you're head Dannymac, I would never do that..... Well not the whitney Houston bit any way:-0:-0

ye mate go down the slopes then patch up the slope when doing the wall
just nail the bead on

Don't forget to fill out the slope angle first otherwise you will struggle.
I take it your not a plasterer?
Good luck

Rock on !

bond the curve with half bonding half finish. it'll go off a lot quicker than bonding on it's own. do the curve first with skim, skim the ceiling and the wall in one hit, job done

Status
Not open for further replies.