Skimmer coats over mushroom fitting

Mr xtra

Hi everyone, I'm installing 94 x 47 inch insulated plasterboard. The boards are 3 inch thickness and the kind gentleman at the local store sold me fittings where I've to drill an 8mm hole through the boards and a solid concrete block wall then hammer them into wall to hold the boards up.

What this kind gentleman forgot to mention is, do I put scrim roll over the mushroom fittings once in just skimmer coat over them.

I tried to find the answer on a Google seat, but couldn't find anything relating to it,h hence why I've joined.

Hi everyone, I'm installing 94 x 47 inch insulated plasterboard. The boards are 3 inch thickness and the kind gentleman at the local store sold me fittings where I've to drill an 8mm hole through the boards and a solid concrete block wall then hammer them into wall to hold the boards up.

What this kind gentleman forgot to mention is, do I put scrim roll over the mushroom fittings once in just skimmer coat over them.

I tried to find the answer on a Google seat, but couldn't find anything relating to it,h hence why I've joined.
Is that all the fixing you using, no dabs?
When you fixed all your boards, get a plasterer in to skim the lot, he'll know what to do.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dot and dab the boards. Fix the fittings the following day. 3 per board. Scrim and skim.

Stick around one members got his member out and the rest are arguing about British gypsum :sisi::hola:

WTF is a Google seat!!

As for your query, there's 3 ways to do it, one is skim over, next is scrim and skim and the other is cover with joint adhesive then skim. Most on here will pick one of the 3. Me, depends on who's job it is. I either scrim over fixings or joint addy then skim. Have never had any complaints!

Its terrible. ..... got some given to me years back....you have to time it perfect to make it stick and thats all it does.... you cannot dab it level ......

It's good stuff. If you're over boarding a ceiling and you don't know where the joists are you can just stick the board on.