skiming on to renovating plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean limelite renovating plaster followed by skim i do know what you mean when you skim next day it seems to hang forever and if first coats applied a bit thick can tend to sag if not careful and because it hangs forever doesnt seem to want to polish up etc.

Zombie

Eyup Monk,

No mate ive phoned Tarmac and BG up before and they have said you can finish with Multi etc though i reckon Board finish would be a little better as when skimmed next day its low suction.

Whats high impact finish fela?

Zombie :)

If you dont mind me asking why use renovating plaster? of all the jobs I have done thats on refurbs houses 'flats etc I only ever use Hardwall or Bonding or sand & cement, what benefits are you getting from renovating plaster over other materials?

Hi Iplaster,

I may be wrong but i think samely was refering to Tarmac Limelite Renovating Plaster which is a bagged sand,cement,lime backing coat which you can apply following a damp proof course just like BG Dri-Coat, but i may be wrong that was just how i interpreted the thread.

Zombie

ok ' I see now, to prevent damp for the interior of external walls, I havent used this but will research it , , sounds good

u can use finished renovating top coat plaster next day.
but if u using milti u should leave it 3 to 5 days b4 skiming.
or u wll get bubbles and it will pull though ur top coat and get a s**t finished.
when mixing renovating plasters u should mix for 3-4 min let it sit for a few mins and mix again b4 use.
nice to work with i got to say!

limelite renovating plaster

below copied from the limelite pdf doc...

Introduction
Pre-blended and dry-bagged, Limelite Renovating Plaster is a lightweight, cementitious plaster which has been developed to control dampness passing through plastered walls of old properties. It can also be applied shortly after insertion of a new damp-proof course or system

It is designed to have similar properties to a 1:1:6 cement:lime:sand plastering mortar, but with Perlite lightweight aggregate replacing the sand. Man-made fibres are incorporated into the mix to control shrinkage and improve flexural strength.
Effect of Moisture
Not impervious to water vapour, but will resist the passage of soluble salts.
Biological
The special constituents including lime in Limelite Renovating Plaster ensure an alkalinity which inhibits mould growth

hope that is of help....

Render lite is great for this work but they have just put the price up £10.58+vat a bag.

Thanks m8 that sounds good il lev it a bit longer nxt time, its the problem with tanking it take a long time wait for so meny dif layers to set b4 the nxt

you shouldnt really skim over limelite with multi or board finish . it forms a barrier and nullifies its benefits ie breathability.. you need to use high impact finish ..

before appying renovating plaster do you need to pva the wall the apply renovating palster
after renovating plaster has dried do you need to apply pva before skimming

before appying renovating plaster do you need to pva the wall the apply renovating palster
after renovating plaster has dried do you need to apply pva before skimming
sorry but your wrong there ! renovating plaster breaths !
so why would you put pva or any other product to seal it ? :RpS_scared:
sika is for wet walls and seals the water out from the internal surface

where did you copy & paste those answers from asif.....................:RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.