skim over scrim tape

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so you only need to put one coat on, it stops the tape coming through and falling of the wall

none off the above so ur telling me every job u go to the builders av cut the board so spot on that there no gaps or unlevel board that need dubbing out ?

A guy I was working with today skrims everything..... FFS I was like are you serious??

Now when I am reskimming a house I dont scrim the corners of the walls (unless they are already cracked) I scrim the ceiling/wall line because it goes from 2 different back grounds. This guy scrims everything and the amount of times I have seen the odd bit of scrim poking through bugs the crap out of me...

I load of the joints first because I have always done it.....

same as why people skim over Tacky PVA instead of rock hard PVA... because they have always done it :)

sometimes if you dont run a trowelful down the length on lids then when youre layin on across scrim it can pull it off and leave you with a dangly length... :RpS_blink:

haha dangly length.
i usually scrim all corners on a reskim dan although i dnt get it pokeing through the skim so that could be why i do it that way, just peace of mind really that i know it shouldnt crack

haha i dod that they other week on a ceilin everytime i turned my back it had fallen off, stuck some staples in it sorted that s**t out, basterd stuff

Skrim dos'nt stop plaster from cracking it stop it shrinking in the joint. If its cracking its down to movement, upstairs ceilings are usually the worst culprits because of folk putting stuff in lofts in one place.

A job we did last week the bloke turned up with a roll of that mesh you use on thin coat render systems and asked us to bed it into our first coat on the ceiling as it was cracked to buggerey, wasnt as easy as i thought it would be either its like papering a ceiling, wish i would have charged more for it now.

I was only thinking the other day when we all started useing drills and 13" trowels .

Its a complete waste of time in my book, even on tapered edge boards, if your any good you should be able to plaster them without any difficulty anyway!

Obviously if your one coating then it can help!

I scrim all joints and use staples every time now, pssed off with it falling off the ceiling as im just about to start... or worse still when the trowel picks it up and drags it

I only fill joints first if going onto tapered edge though

Status
Not open for further replies.