skim over gloss painted walls

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasterite

Hi guys
ok I’m sure we’ve all been here, been called to make good walls in a canteen area, instructions are NO hacking off, minimum preparation, skim over existing high gloss painted walls. (walls are very old, several layers of paint, and really should be hacked back to brick)
So that means not using a scrabble / needle gun..

is the application of Knauf Betokontakt enough ?
What would you do, Thanks Steve

Ps, it’s a cr#p job but it’s a job

I dont like paint what so ever.

when you wba or similar over any gloss paint, leave it to fully cure and get a scraper on it and it'll come off piece of pi.ss

I had one in Jan like that, thought itll be sound, then final trowel it peeled. Ended up taking the lot back off and scraping AGAIN with one of those razor scrapers. :mad:

rockhardsolidplastering said:
if the walls are not too bad you could give them 2 or 3 coats of joint cement each coat being tighter will barely need a sand and sticks to paint

that a good idea ;)

RMK said:
???

what's joint cement?? like the stuff the tapers use??

the mud i use is made by knauf in 20kg tubs white just like an internal light weight filler, usaly needs three coats, very easy to sand down. i use a 300mm galvinised trough and a 250mm and a 150mm cauking knife

The reason I ask is because a sparky i know saw an old school plasterer on a job and he had his lab firing round the Walls infront of him filling any little holes in the boArds/even filling over scrim between The expected board joints and up to beads.
The spArky said the stuff he was using was White in colour out of a White tub. This plasterer then came straight over with one coat of skim and got a spot on finish AND was very quick.

Skimming over gloss paint.... exciting stuff... rather you than me!

I would tell them that it needs doing properly or not at all!

But if not I would probably try and get a key on it I think I have used a scutch hammer before then WBA

Still a risk that its going peel off

Danny

Bruce Willis said:
I had one in Jan like that, thought itll be sound, then final trowel it peeled. Ended up taking the lot back off and scraping AGAIN with one of those razor scrapers. :mad:

razor scraper is the answer ;)

:)

I am here I cant always read every post I need to get work done and carry on building my empire hahahahahah evil laugh

Danny

Danny said:

I am here I cant always read every post I need to get work done and carry on building my empire hahahahahah evil laugh

Danny
when u gonna take the newby of me Danny ? and give me Bruces old Stars ;D

Plasterite said:
Danny said:

Danny

You prob need to practise a bit on site plasterite mate. A 2 week course dont make you a plasterer hahahaha.
Ask Bruce

i bin doin it 20+yrs an im fec ked :mad:

irish_spread said:
Plasterite said:
Danny said:

Danny

You prob need to practise a bit on site plasterite mate. A 2 week course dont make you a plasterer hahahaha.
Ask Bruce

i bin working as a prostitute for 20+yrs an im fec ked :mad:
:eek:

Ask Bruce

[/quote]

who put that post in about a two week course, i missed that one, ive been a spread for about 30 years +

;)

irish_spread said:
Plasterite said:
was that danny who slipped that one in ;D

Have u just one one of Dannys 2 week online courses ???
Hi Irish spread, no not done a course for donkey years, i could do with some refreshers though! i think i missed something along the way
hope your keeping well ;)

Plasterite said:
irish_spread said:
Plasterite said:
was that danny who slipped that one in ;D

Have u just one one of Dannys 2 week online courses ???
Hi Irish spread, no not done a course for donkey years, i could do with some refreshers though! i think i missed something along the way
hope your keeping well ;)

Think he does a refreshers course 4 donkeys if that helps. The course is held in Poland, u may
meet meet his oldest trainee, Kirki Khazakh(ston)stan (the 4 coat master) ;D

Plasterite said:
Ask Bruce

who put that post in about a two week course, i missed that one, ive been a transvestite for about 30 years +

;)

[/quote]
::) ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.