Skim over damp proof paint.

cybervic

Walls had lining paper removed and there’s a layer of damp proof paint stuck well on the wall, kinda glossy. Can I treat it like any other gloss paint using WBA or Blue grit?

Walls had lining paper removed and there’s a layer of damp proof paint stuck well on the wall, kinda glossy. Can I treat it like any other gloss paint using WBA or Blue grit?
What is damp proof paint and why does it require re' skimming?

It's not the first time I've had walls that have been painted with damp proof paint that have been re-painted with ordinary emulsion. The first clue is your pva coat starts running down the wall and doesn't dry for a dogs age.

It's not the first time I've had walls that have been painted with damp proof paint that have been re-painted with ordinary emulsion. The first clue is your pva coat starts running down the wall and doesn't dry for a dogs age.
The walls I saw this morning didn’t even have emulsion. I did a pva test and it was still wet after 30 min. Customer then texted and said it’s gone tacky and that’s like another 30min later.

What did you do in the end? Grit before skim?

The walls I saw this morning didn’t even have emulsion. I did a pva test and it was still wet after 30 min. Customer then texted and said it’s gone tacky and that’s like another 30min later.

What did you do in the end? Grit before skim?
Just carried on and mixed up a near neat pva mix. There was next to no suction so it was going to hang anyway plus grit would've ment coming back the next day

Wonder if sbr would be of done it. Sticks to more surfaces than pva I believe and faster drying so less waiting. I'd of stuck fan on with either sbr or pva to speed up the tack and bang on the multi finish

I need to even out the suction too, the walls have some large patches repaired due to blown plaster from water damage. If there’s no known chemical reaction problem I might just use blue grit?

Surely if their is damp seal on the wall it has damp issues!!!!!!! Why would you want to just skim over it?