Skim Coat Massive Newbie

Members online

snappyfish

Hi,

Looking to skim coat an interior cupboard. Its painted plasterboard looking a bit rough, wanted to skim here first before tackling over walls in house.

Question.

Which all purpose compound is recommend? Thanks

so when you have skimmed the cupboard do you feel confident enough to skim a full house hardly years of experience is it
Not here for thoughts on what I should or should not do, I literally asking basic questions! I understand "pro's" will get all grumpy etc.. but is it really hard to say "use this and that" regardless of my level of experience. If I f8ck it up so be it.. start somewhere move forward and learn..

if it's painted, will need grit preparation prior to skimming as per specs on the back of a bag of multi....not necessarily Bond-it but any good quality grit will suffice; for example the Bostik stabilizing primer or even Feb blue grit

Not here for thoughts on what I should or should not do, I literally asking basic questions! I understand "pro's" will get all grumpy etc.. but is it really hard to say "use this and that" regardless of my level of experience. If I f8ck it up so be it.. start somewhere move forward and learn..
Looks like you failed at the little lighthearted banter stage :endesacuerdo:

Well, so happy I joined a plastering forum for plastering advice. It's been an epic journey so far lol.
There's a DIY section for people such as yourself, where only those likely to help DIY'ers will go. Quite a few of us have absolutely no interest in passing on our hard won knowledge for free. That's not being nasty or shitty, just the way it is.

There's a DIY section for people such as yourself, where only those likely to help DIY'ers will go. Quite a few of us have absolutely no interest in passing on our hard won knowledge for free. That's not being nasty or shitty, just the way it is.
Suggestion, maybe if you open a "trade only forum" There is one like that for my trade. Helpful for trade to relieve stress.