Site work

Members online

HarryHeff

Hey guys
I wasn’t too sure where to post this so apologies if it’s in the wrong place.
Im getting back into plastering after a few years off and have been told by a friend he can get me a start on site. I’ve never worked on site before as I learnt the trade labouring for a guy on his own jobs. I’ve seen a few things on here but it seems to be mixed reviews. I’m just curious to if there’s money to be made doing site work. I don’t want to be taken advantage of if I can help it lol I’m just wondering how it works?
Thanks for your time

Hey guys
Im getting back into plastering after a few years off and have been told by a friend he can get me a start on site. I’ve never worked on site before as I learnt the trade labouring for a guy on his own jobs. I’ve seen a few things on here but it seems to be mixed reviews. I’m just curious to if there’s money to be made doing site work. I don’t want to be taken advantage of if I can help it lol I’m just wondering how it works?
Thanks for your time
Depends who u work for , our gang we work as a team and we all clean buckets get bags etc , but I do know of young lads who have quit the trade due to just cleaning all day and getting bags up etc

Hey guys
Thanks for your time
Depends are u going on a day rate or price.You’ll have to be quick and good to make it on a site.Try it and see,fortune favours the bold.

I would get on site and see how you get on... you may like it or you may hate it either which way it will be a good experience for you :D

Thanks for the replies. I’m gonna give it a go either way it’s just nice to see what people have to say before. I’m used to working with someone for years previously so will be the first time going into something alone in a way

Hey guys
Thanks for your time
First off you will need a cscs card and a job specific one not the green one always ask for plot price from qs of company then you can measure it yourself to see if it stacks up to the m2 price if they stop citb tell them its illegal.work smart not hard any material left over from mix throw on a cupboard wall or set of reveals and make sure your plot is spotless when done

First off you will need a cscs card and a job specific one not the green one always ask for plot price from qs of company then you can measure it yourself to see if it stacks up to the m2 price if they stop citb tell them its illegal.work smart not hard any material left over from mix throw on a cupboard wall or set of reveals and make sure your plot is spotless when done

Thank you mate. It was the operatives card thing I was a bit unsure of I’ve got the cscs card though

whats worse is most sites dont allow radios either... WTF!!!
Spent most of last week on site, moronic f**kng radio channel nearly blew my oppo's head in, got to me by the end aswell. Boss would insist on Absolute radio, as soon as he was off site it got changed to some moronic repetitive shite...not that Absolute was that good either. Rant over.

i hate radios on site. but on a large industrial building in Rotterdam the site agent walked into the middle of the site and turned the radio up ! that just about sums the dutch up no hard hats , no 110 v electric tools. .