Site work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.. been plastering 30 yrs bud.. worked a **** load of site work, and domestic... and on new housing its board and skim.. new buildings ie schools maybe more interesting.. end of the day a plasterer should be able to do ALL aspects of the trade whether its new build or domestic....
totally agree plastering is not just skimming it should be everything from screeding upto coving including external render S&C and all the krend/monocouche etc

scenario... lounge.. doors.skirts,architrives, all solid oak... ceiling papered, 2k of amtico on floor, as opposed to a bare room, no second fix joinery/electrical etc and a chipboard floor, no way are they getting skimmed same speed..?

I once had a site gaffer that picky, he wanted the lines in the ames filling in that the sandpaper had caused....now that is a situation where i needed to count to ten and have a breather

it should kev, probably fuked off with the people who throw it on and all they can do is skim boards ( badly ) I know you and scottie are good plasterers, but theres a lot that arent...

I once had a site gaffer that picky, he wanted the lines in the ames filling in that the sandpaper had caused....now that is a situation where i needed to count to ten and have a breather

waterboard him..standard...

there are a lot of different types of site work from house bashing to large commercial contracts, to ewi up a tower block. these will keep you busy in good times but when the tide changes and the sites close down, you will have no customer base to turn to.

Im proud of the fact i can do all of the areas of work that have been mentioned and learnt it all at a young age.....not very often i touch render though, i like my big flat walls with pound signs on them, done a bit of domestic and its not my cuppa tea, i hate people to be honest.....infact i hate myself most of the time

Thank god for domestic work ,if I was site working all I would be feeding my family on is dust and water:RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.