site mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
has anyone on here tried putting site mix through an electric machine?....as far as i know well be starting a job soon and the mortar which is apparently castle 5-1 mix will be delivered poured into mortar bins and forklifted up to us ive been told it could be possible using a 35mm hose all the way through with a larger gun on the end ........i'd poss be using a putznecht s44 cheers

it would be possible if the mix is pumpable. You would just shovel it straight in, you would have to do some shoveling though.

cant get bbc 2 down here. hey i had a internet bann this week. my misses caught me with my wankin spanners around my pink steel on the vinegar strokes watching amateur lesbians......well embarressed

site mix is not always pumpable, if the bleeds water then as it is conveyed along a hose the water will seperate from the mix leaving a dried out mix which will block.
There are a few tests to try
squeeze the mix with your hand and if you have a dry lump left its not pumpable.
leave the mix in a bucket for 10 mins if water rises to the top its not pumpable.
try it through a machine lastly

Status
Not open for further replies.