Siniat/G-Tec/Lafarge Cove Adhesive

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyM

Private Member
What utter dogshit that stuff is. Goes lumpy after less than half an hour and is coarse as f@ck. I think I'd rather use dogshit to put coving up with than that rubbish. Had five rooms of Sculptured cove to do today, customer supplying the gear. Gave up after 2 rooms. ******* wound me up.

I used to use their board adhesive for coving @TonyM and that was always good gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh, board adhesive works, .. I like tile adhesive ( just done 200m of cornice with it for sticking up, not filling joints, and you dont have to mess around mixing it obviously, straight out the tub..

think the difference between sticking coving and cornice up is different, I also screw cornice, especially the big stuff... the weight difference between the two is massive..

we use the B Gypsum cornice and their cove adhesive, the other adhesives are to coarse and very dark in colour.
artex is not an adhesive and will fail.

I had some fail with Artex back in the 80s so stopped using it. Saying that, I've had Gyproc cove adhesive fail on new plaster because it was polished up too much. G Tec bonding is actually smoother than their cove adhesive and has a 180 minute set time.

we give the ceiling and the walls a weak coat of pva before we cove. it stops the adhesive drying to quickly and going dead also it is easy to sponge down once the cove is fitted.

Pva always flashes when painted so only use it if there is already paint on the ceiling and walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.