Silicone Top Coat Help

Members online

No members online now.

Arti

Reet gadgies Av got an issue.
Sometimes when you spray bucke coat you spray too much in one place and it goes all shiny and looks shite so i scraped a patch off and re sprayed but it still looks patchy so I either :
1. Respray the whole panel hoping to hide the patch but then the texture looks heavier and not as neat.
2.Try to scrape the panel back (tried this in the lockup and its like bell metal so currently experimenting with various paint strippers nitro mors etc to see if it softens enough to scrape it off)
3. Hope someone on here has a mint solution to this issue or even an idea of how to sort it when you spray too much in one spot.

Cheers Marra

Love
Arti xxx

Reet gadgies Av got an issue.
Sometimes when you spray bucke coat you spray too much in one place and it goes all shiny and looks shite so i scraped a patch off and re sprayed but it still looks patchy so I either :
1. Respray the whole panel hoping to hide the patch but then the texture looks heavier and not as neat.
2.Try to scrape the panel back (tried this in the lockup and its like bell metal so currently experimenting with various paint strippers nitro mors etc to see if it softens enough to scrape it off)
3. Hope someone on here has a mint solution to this issue or even an idea of how to sort it when you spray too much in one spot.

Cheers Marra

Love
Arti xxx

How big is the area

Can you not just scrape back with fresh razor blade type wall paper scraper and just lightly 're spray or lightly hand apply tight and rub up?
I've just tried a few things in the lockup tonight and that nitro mors is mint but pricey for the area. The grinder with a sanding disc gets it flat enough to respray. A heat gun softens it enough to scrape it back to the basecoat. It might be worth trying the grinder or heat gun and just recoating those

I've just tried a few things in the lockup tonight and that nitro mors is mint but pricey for the area. The grinder with a sanding disc gets it flat enough to respray. A heat gun softens it enough to scrape it back to the basecoat. It might be worth trying the grinder or heat gun and just recoating those

Sanding disc was going to be next suggestion!

What manufacturers?

For a little bit like 7m, I'd introduce some heat and scape off.
I don't spray thin coats just hand apply, I'm not keen on the texture of the finished effort from spraying, its more like tyrolean.

I agree looks way better by hand and rubbed up imo

It's quicker by machine for sure,
But when I last did it with 1.5mm I wasn't convinced on the finish, and I get 3 of us on a panel and it gets done in no time in any case really.

I think it's neater sprayed but each to there own. Suppose you don't get over spraying issues like I've had hand applying

Has anyone tried a late rub with a steel trowel n sicone I've done a few small areas and quite like the finish.

Haven't dare do a big area like that just a couple of smaller jobs.

I prefer the look of mono but I think silicone is a better system for our climate and less stress to apply.
Absolutely agree. There’s money to be made cleaning up all that mono I tell thee