Silicone render

I have just done a large bungalow that had the cavity infill removed. Then replaced with polystyrene beads. I ask the architect why and I was told that the old cavity infill keeps impacting down the cavity, now after 15 years only the bottom third had any cavity infill.
They also removed and replaced the wall ties as these had disintegrated owing to the bungalow being built close to a salt marsh.

Who ever is doing the boarding for the EWI would need to apply a decent amount of adhesive to the boards. Not just the jugging method.

its all to do with the dew point.
you want the warm contact as far out of building as poss. so clearing cavity brings dew point to outside. reducing risk of condensation

I have just done a large bungalow that had the cavity infill removed. Then replaced with polystyrene beads. I ask the architect why and I was told that the old cavity infill keeps impacting down the cavity, now after 15 years only the bottom third had any cavity infill.
They also removed and replaced the wall ties as these had disintegrated owing to the bungalow being built close to a salt marsh.
So does the new fill not settle over time ?

These house have air vents below dpc height some are on a slope so have up to three feet showing up to dpc and this area is not being touched at all
airvents below dpc are for airflow under the floor. not the cavity mate.

you can put an xps board and render below dpc pal. and extend the vents

These house have air vents below dpc height some are on a slope so have up to three feet showing up to dpc and this area is not being touched at all
20210920_134655.jpg

airvents below dpc are for airflow under the floor. not the cavity mate.

you can put an xps board and render below dpc pal. and extend the vents
I'm not doing the work just curious to how the system works I do know that the area's under dpc are not being touched our house is council and not being done thank f**k ,I'm a big believer that time will tell I have my doubts about this

I'm not doing the work just curious to how the system works I do know that the area's under dpc are not being touched our house is council and not being done thank f**k ,I'm a big believer that time will tell I have my doubts about this
So why you bothered