Silicon top coat - drip angle bead or stop bead?

Members online

Hils68

Hi,

Just after a bit of advice.

Having mid terrace Victoria taken back to brick. Meshed, base coat and silicon top coat.

The plaster Hoyle me last year when he quoted for job to have drip angle beads at bottom to stop water tracking back.

Now he has said just to use stop bead as he won’t get the smooth finish with a trowel with a drip angle bead.

The render is stopping just above the air brick line, we have suffered lots of damp before with water penetrating cracks in old sand and cement
Question is should I insist n drip angle beads or does itmmake no difference ?

Thank

Bell cast beads (drip beads) will always be the best option as it allows the water to drip away from the structure. You can just use stop beads it's not recommended , just won't allow the water to drip away as the bottom of the bead is flat, this may cause moisture to enter the brick.

Rubbing or scratch floating the area where the bell cast bead is applied. I will rub up the wall as normal then apply tape parallel to the bell cast bead, aplly the render with a pointing trowel, rub up then cut/pull tape away leaving a straight line.

Bell cast beads (drip beads) will always be the best option as it allows the water to drip away from the structure. You can just use stop beads it's not recommended , just won't allow the water to drip away as the bottom of the bead is flat, this may cause moisture to enter the brick.

Rubbing or scratch floating the area where the bell cast bead is applied. I will rub up the wall as normal then apply tape parallel to the bell cast bead, aplly the render with a pointing trowel, rub up then cut/pull tape away leaving a straight line.
Fuckknows what that last bit is all about?
Yes use a drip bead.

Excited Freak Out GIF