sick of it

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
well today I have hired and fired YET ANOTHER so called plasterer.

he rang me a few weeks ago saying he was 30 years in the trade and had full cscs cards etc so I thought iI would give him a try.

Once he left for the day I popped in to see how he had got on the main bedroom ceiling he had taped up only 2 ceiling lines leaving 2 to crack like f**k and that was full of hollows and the other work he did was to a very poor standard.

Can anyone please tell me why nearly EVERY subby I try is complete SH.IT ??????????.

It is really starting to depress me now

Rich

thats why most subbys are subbys. theyre aint good enough to get there own work and chance it for other people

Pay peanuts rich.. Get monkeys ;D
Only jokin mate, was he off here??

Last time i recommend you Irish spread
::)

Rich do you think it could be that there rushing to do more M2 to make money??Maybe you could try paying them a fair daily wage and see if quality improves ?

either do a day or 2 with them to start with to check their work, or if u cant, just make a big point of saying if it isnt bang on, your not getting paid. also, personally i dont bother with day rate too much, just say this is the lid, its worth £100 or whatever, it has to be spot on or no money, off u go,

cant really do that Nick as its a full re firb job.

some walls are hardwall ... others hardwall patchs then skim, some board work some over skim etc etc. Its a big house to do but to bitty to do on price

I think the standard in plastering is pretty low ,some cant to a decent job, some cant be bothered to , you can only trust yourself to do it right really Rich .

well maybe not on that, but u no what i mean. i find people will take the p otherwise.

i have a lab and 1 other guy who i can trust to leave a decent job 99% of the time. but i do find a lot of the people iv tried just cant be bothered like church said, coz i dont think there are many people who have been plastering for years that cant actually trowel a wall flat with no holes.

thats why iv pretty much given up on subbing stuff out coz i find its too much hassle and my rep can get ruined by it.

i think its pretty hard to make a good living subbing out these days

you should see some of the work ive seen on sites i dont beleive the front some of them have one guy of african origin done a room in a hotel i was on and it was like artex 3 days in the room 47m2 they had to rip off the lot back to studwork his excuse was he,d been working in spain machine plastering for 6 years

you can't win rich. its just pot luck. i don't claim to be the best or the fastest but i do leave a good job and i pride myself on that. alot of people dont care. surely its common sense, do a good job and you get repeat work. hes f**k*d himself over as much as he has you. you could always move to the C.O.V and take me on?

defo loads of tish out there ,i aint got loads on at the mo ,was offererd a house to do 4 bed ceilings and walls [reskim ] nice job ,told the fella take me bout 8 days on me own ,price in for each room .he turns round says needs it quicker i got 3 rooms ,he got in another firm with 3 fellas to do rest.anyway 2 weeks ago i turn up unwritten van still mixing with a stick done mine in 3 days ,they turn up 3days 3 blokes 3 rooms .dust every where plaster on the floor ,i got a call to go back to finish job of.got there sat there tapes are showing plasters rough and its coming [unstuck] ive got to put this right :-[thing is i aint got no nvq but learnt how to do what i do properly and i get pissed of with all the pisseads talking themselves up then fukin it up it up for me to earn me money ,next newly written van with [plasterer] written on it iam gonna shuff his sparkley whisk right up his arse.

tex it all said:
defo loads of tish out there ,i aint got loads on at the mo ,was offererd a house to do 4 bed ceilings and walls [reskim ] nice job ,told the fella take me bout 8 days on me own ,price in for each room .he turns round says needs it quicker i got 3 rooms ,he got in another firm with 3 fellas to do rest.anyway 2 weeks ago i turn up unwritten van still mixing with a stick done mine in 3 days ,they turn up 3days 3 blokes 3 rooms .dust every where plaster on the floor ,i got a call to go back to finish job of.got there sat there tapes are showing plasters rough and its coming [unstuck] ive got to put this right :-[thing is i aint got no nvq but learnt how to do what i do properly and i get (french word)ed of with all the (french word)eads talking themselves up then (french word invented by a german) it up it up for me to earn me money ,next newly written van with [plasterer] written on it iam gonna shuff his sparkley whisk right up his arse.

i'm getting my van sign written next week :'( seriously though in the last 2 months i bet ive seen 6/7 plastering vans i've never seen before. i saw 2 yesterday!

tex it all said:
if theres no site work whos training them up

courses. i dont think its a coincidence theyve started popping up around coventry the same time that peugeot finished here and they paid out for the employees to go on courses for new trades. all shiney new tools and vans

steve cov said:
tex it all said:
defo loads of tish out there ,i aint got loads on at the mo ,was offererd a house to do 4 bed ceilings and walls [reskim ] nice job ,told the fella take me bout 8 days on me own ,price in for each room .he turns round says needs it quicker i got 3 rooms ,he got in another firm with 3 fellas to do rest.anyway 2 weeks ago i turn up unwritten van still mixing with a stick done mine in 3 days ,they turn up 3days 3 blokes 3 rooms .dust every where plaster on the floor ,i got a call to go back to finish job of.got there sat there tapes are showing plasters rough and its coming [unstuck] ive got to put this right :-[thing is i aint got no nvq but learnt how to do what i do properly and i get (french word)ed of with all the (french word)eads talking themselves up then (french word invented by a german) it up it up for me to earn me money ,next newly written van with [plasterer] written on it iam gonna shuff his sparkley whisk right up his arse.

i'm getting my van sign written next week :'( seriously though in the last 2 months i bet ive seen 6/7 plastering vans i've never seen before. i saw 2 yesterday!

thats coz your lookin for them.

flynnyman said:
steve cov said:
tex it all said:

thats coz your lookin for them.

thats ture.. are mrs dont see anything! i got a new car the other day now i see one everyday just like it!

talking off bad work.. 2 day i had 2 dab one wall over the damp membraine thinge.. anyhow load of crap i dabed on top the fixing but still the board was springing everywere! it now needs a fixing in it to put right.

some just ain't bothered . i worked in a house where a some one had plastered a loft out it was a real mess no angle bead on one bit just two bits of scrim instead butted up .round the skylight he had beaded but you could nt see it for all the crap on it no sheets on the floor ,trouble is they still get paid and get the work .id be ashamed if i left peoples houses in that state

I just spoke to the guy and pulled him on why he didnt tape up 2 of the ceiling angles ........................his reply "I forgot" this is a man who said he has been 30 years in the trade

richardbrown said:
well today I have hired and fired YET ANOTHER so called plasterer.

he rang me a few weeks ago saying he was 30 years in the trade and had full cscs cards etc so I thought iI would give him a try.

Once he left for the day I popped in to see how he had got on the main bedroom ceiling he had taped up only 2 ceiling lines leaving 2 to crack like f**k and that was full of hollows and the other work he did was to a very poor standard.

Can anyone please tell me why nearly EVERY subby I try is complete SH.IT ??????????.

It is really starting to depress me now

Rich

Rich,

I just started using a guy from Estover, he,s clean, good with the customer and a very good spread, 45 years old beeen doing it years and hates to turn work down. also will do evenings if required. £100 a day cash, £120 on the cheque. I can give you his number if like??

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.