Show us yer dog...

Members online

63ef393605c7ed80c158df63f8fa12be.jpg

Husky is called Bowie. Hes 3 1/2.
Little mutt is called Chica. She's about 18months.
Both rescues, I would always get a rescue.
Both amazing with my young boys who are 8 and 3.

Some brilliant pics on this thread. Great idea!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Any dog can be a problem for young children as (depending on age) dogs are not toys you can pull ears or poke in the eye and expect not to get bitten !!?? My old staffie was subject to young toddlers doing this when my missus did child minding years ago. My staffie even had to be covered in the crb policy lol. Staffies can tolerate a lot more than most other breeds. It's up to you mate staffies have bad press but no dog would defend your child like a staffie would.
My grandparents kept staffs when we were growing up and your on the money with what you say, no one could come in unless invited I know it sounds saft but it's true, brilliant guard dogs without even knowing it, it's in their nature and I'm sure their known as nanny dogs due to the way they are round kids, just really unfortunate the way some are treated and reasons a few are bred for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter is mad for a dog. She is 8. And I don't know if I should get her one or not. It's a lot of responsibilitie. I don't want to end up minding it as I all ready have4 pups (my kids)

My daughter is mad for a dog. She is 8. And I don't know if I should get her one or not. It's a lot of responsibilitie. I don't want to end up minding it as I all ready have4 pups (my kids)
You most likely will be the minder!!
We've got 4 kids between us, hers are 19 and 14, mine are 8 and 3. It's only me and the Mrs that ever look after them....
Can just about get them to feed them if we're out. But they won't get walked if we don't do it....

We've got 4 kids between us, hers are 19 and 14, mine are 8 and 3. It's only me and the Mrs that ever look after them....
Can just about get them to feed them if we're out. But they won't get walked if we don't do it....

That's what I was thinking. They won't walk the dog. And when am taking the kids away for the day I'll have to get someone to mind the dog. I love dogs i all ways had one when I was growing up. But they are a lot of work. And it's no secret I don't like work.

nothing better than looking after a dog, take the dog for a walk, straight down the pub!

thats not cool. my 3 year old feeds ours every morning and evening, comes with us on a walk as well, gives him a good brush off as well when needs to, mad how kids can be so different

You will always end up with it i take mine to work when i can but since the little bigfella came along he stays with him at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats not cool. my 3 year old feeds ours every morning and evening, comes with us on a walk as well, gives him a good brush off as well when needs to, mad how kids can be so different
Tbf, I think my 3yr old would be the same but the youngest 2 don't live with us full time...
He absolutely loves dogs, actually he loves all animals.
The other 2 aren't bad, but don't really want the responsibility. Which Tbf, they didn't ask for..

I'm going to take George to work as he's so laid back and soft. My other staffie (passed away now bless him) was an awesome guard dog but was always soft and friendly with the kids

I always had dogs as a kid and I was always walking them. Yet my sisters were not bothered by them at all...

Paddy our staffie cross we rescued as a pup 5 years ago, been through everything we have, grew up with our son and there like brothers. We got threatened to be kicked out by one of our landlords a few years back because we had him but we left instead, that's how much he means to us. Wonderful temperment and character I love him to pieces me and my misses class him as our son. And our son calls him his brother.

And Bruce the bull mastiff, rescued him from hell 7 weeks ago, left in a garden for most his life because his size and slobber. I say a garden it was more a 8 metre by 1 metre concrete path he wasn't allowed on the grass because he might poo on it so instead he was left on this concrete in all weather with a bowling ball and a shitty blanket. Teeth are bent and chipped from the bowling ball, chin was all battered and bleeding from constant rubbing on concrete but is recovering well paws are dry and bleed if hes walked for longer than 5 minutes however now improving, ears were causing him all sorts of issues they were dry and infected really bad with mites but are making a massive improvement.

Hes cost me a pretty penny so far but I wont give up on him, hes so.good with paddy and us, he means well but just hadn't ever been given a proper chance so can be a bit of a handful at times but he's so loving and day by day hes getting better and better.

6tag_030816-194939.jpg
6tag_260716-194820.jpg

Thats paddys trouble he aint just steams into them and never backs down seen him covered in blood from them but he dont give a f**k

Thats paddys trouble he aint just steams into them and never backs down seen him covered in blood from them but he dont give a f**k
My Husky is the same, we've got a cat just won't leave her alone. Had his nose torn to shreds on a number of occasions. But seems to thick to realise what's happening!!!